Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Questions Re: Onaman - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2010, 11:34 AM
Keeper

Default Questions Re: Onaman

I have a pre-existing trip I take annually to North-West Ontario in which I tow my own boat up there (16' Rebel, 60HP) during the late summer.

Onaman's seems to have some rave reviews online here. I was hoping some folks with past experiences there could answer some questions.

1. How friendly is the road up from 11 to Onaman's Resort for towing the boat? How are the launch and docking facilities? Is gas available nearby?

2. How is the river for boating hazards?

3. In Humboldt, how would you rate the speckle, laker and pike fishing... and during what season is this? Also, how have you found lake conditions to be generally, ie; is it often big wave water? Are there always places to fish out of bad lake conditions?

4. How is the access and how much time does it generally take to get into Onaman Lake from the resort?

5. In Onaman, how would you rate the walleye and pike fishing... and during what season? What are big fish generally for the lake?

6. At the resort, how are the accommodations?

7. Describe an average fishing day on either the river, Lake Nip and/or Onamans?

8. What is it about Onaman's that you enjoy most?

9. Anything about Onaman's to be warned about?

10. During what time of year do you generally go?

Thanks guys in advance for any consideration and reply. Appreciated, and will help.