Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North Branch Susquehanna River - Page 52 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Minnow

Great recipe thanx
Went out a few hours yesterday afternoon. 4-eyes, 1-18" & 1-20" keepers a 15" throwback and a nice 24" throwback for the last fish. 3 bass 1-18", 1-19.5" and a 22" 5lber WooHoo whata little pig. Heaviest Smallie in a few years. 1 38" Muskie and 2 Carp.

Gonna hit it harder today and see what she'll give me...
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Minnow

hey jettin-jim,what time of day and what are you useing,i went out last monday and didnt get a thing, that was the first time in my life i didnt catch some kind of fish.the island i caught fish at was washed away from the flood,everything is changed now,looks like the water is going way up by the weekend,i might not get out again till may.god luck everybody.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckles View Post
hey jettin-jim,what time of day and what are you useing,i went out last monday and didnt get a thing, that was the first time in my life i didnt catch some kind of fish.the island i caught fish at was washed away from the flood,everything is changed now,looks like the water is going way up by the weekend,i might not get out again till may.god luck everybody.
2p.m till dark- Ya know the routine... jigging with 3/16-1/4oz heads (water still a leeetle high) some pink and some just lead colored. Motoroil / green twisters and swim baits of the same hue. Always throwing about 5-6 different colors depending on how I feel, but the natural greens were the best. I usually bleed all my plastic to get the color I want. The 5lb smallie came on a Perch ShadRap.

Went out yesterday with my Pop for 8hrs and we got 17 eyes- 1 Bass. Only 7 eyes went into the box though.... same color combo and we also used some shiners on 1/4oz heads with a bit a rubber for some deeper water vertical jigging. They were hot to trot just mostly small haha.
Really expected a better day like two limits... but it wasn't to be. Didn't cover enough water to find more fish... they were a few here, one there, one here kinda deal. Was just enjoying hang'n with dad soo didn't get too crazy. Water was about .6tenths warmer than Tues and about the same clarity 24"-30" algae green. Full moon and they shut off at dusk for us 0-Nada:/

Went out this morning but due to the warm weather everyone and their brother was out... so after about 15minutes I put the boat back on the trailer and went home to clean yesterdays fish. I really prefer the colder weather when I can be more alone on the river....

Last edited by Jettn Jim; 03-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Minnow

I feel your pain Jim. I like fishing the colder weather also for the same reasons. Were you upstream or down stream from Plymouth today?
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope23 View Post
I feel your pain Jim. I like fishing the colder weather also for the same reasons. Were you upstream or down stream from Plymouth today?
Down stream Tues and Wed... Never fished above Nanticoke before. An good ol' fishing pardner who passed on Feb 6th used to fish way up Laceyville way back in the 60's thru 80's.... Some 12+lb girls back in the day.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Wallhanger

I finally got back out this past Wed. after a couple week layoff. Air temp was nice but the wind was brutal! Had to run the gas motor in reverse to hold position! Appears that many of the spawners have moved up through the shallows closer to the spawning grounds, but there are still a few around. Caught plenty of smaller eyes.. a few decent keepers.. and a couple of hens that were released. Not a bad day, but I pounded it hard for almost ten hours! Hopefully get a couple more days in before the end! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)
Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Minnow

Fished all day yesterday and it was a tough bite for us. We ended up with 6 keepers, 5 of which were right over 15" and one 22". Caught a couple dinks and all bites were light, just the opposite of last weekend. Had a few misses till I tied up stingers then I managed a couple, also one smallie.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Keeper

Buddies of mine made it out on the river today for 5 hours and caught nothin/notta......They went by some bank fisherman and they had a 26" walleye on the stringer caught on a Banjo minnow!!!!!....The season closed 2 days ago,and never thought the Banjo minnow actually worked.....I must live near a weird stretch of river,not only are the people weird/dumb so are my fish!!!!!

By next week the bass fishing should be on-fire (if your into them) with the weather we have fore-casted,70's this time of year is unreal but i like it................
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 AM
Minnow

hey everybody,can someone give me the water temp,then maybe i will go out sunday, thanks buckles
Old 03-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckles View Post
hey everybody,can someone give me the water temp,then maybe i will go out sunday, thanks buckles

They said it was 48-50 degrees up here near the NY border yesteday.....Should hit about 60 by the end of this week IMO!!!!!Coves will warm up faster and should load-up/concentrate all species of fish,so i might even make it out sometime next week.................