Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Savage Gear Swim Baits - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 05-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Minnow

Default Savage Gear Swim Baits

Anyone try these lures yet? I just bought two 10" Herring Swim Baits, walleye color. I can't wait to try them, Just looking for reviews or tips. Savage is a European Company, but the action looks great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Wallhanger

Never used them but in looking at them I would encourage you to swap out the rings and hooks...they look to be a little skimpy...
Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Minnow

I really like the looks of the Savage Gear swim baits, especially the 10" versions. I had a huge muskie miss a golden ambulance bait last summer. Although I have never caught a muskie using one, I became interested in them a few years ago when I met a guy who had caught a 50" muskie on a perch color 10" bait. He impressed me when he mentioned he had lost his biggest ever the year before on the same bait. He said it was a lot bigger than the 50" he caught.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie Bob View Post
I really like the looks of the Savage Gear swim baits, especially the 10" versions. I had a huge muskie miss a golden ambulance bait last summer. Although I have never caught a muskie using one, I became interested in them a few years ago when I met a guy who had caught a 50" muskie on a perch color 10" bait. He impressed me when he mentioned he had lost his biggest ever the year before on the same bait. He said it was a lot bigger than the 50" he caught.
When you loose a big one it automatically grows 30% the second the line goes slack...... I've seen it happen to me