Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Savoy Lake, Ontario - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-26-2003, 04:40 PM
Jeff S

Default Savoy Lake, Ontario

Heading up to a cabin a friend just bought to do some icefishing the end of march. Any info on what this lake has to offer would be appreciated? Summer or winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2003, 09:17 AM
btt

Default RE: Savoy Lake, Ontario

hello there. my parents live on savoy lake. there are only about 10 cabins on the whole lake. the walleye fishing is great. ice fishing for them is hit and miss. i have caught them in the winter anywhere from 50ft. to 12ft. deep be prepared to move a lot. there are several reefs and deep points to fish. you will catch a lot of"ling" and some whitefish if the walleye are deep. there are also very big pike in this lake. good luck iwould like to know what cabin your friend bought maybe i know him.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:39 PM
Jeff S

Thanks for the info btt. He bought Art McFaddens cabin. He has talked with a Tom Bishop quite a bit, do you know him? We are going up there primarily for big pike with walleye as a back up. Thinking of starting where the English River leaves the lake. Do you know if they spawn in the river? Any idea what the snow/ice conditions are like up there? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2003, 05:57 PM
btt

Tom is my dad. He and my mom live there all year round. I am stuck living in Winterpeg now. I try to make it back there as much as possible. Have not had a chance to make it there this winter at all. Dad is not much of an icefisherman. Last time I talked to him there was three feet of snow and about two feet of ice. He keeps the main road in plowed with his truck, if you need the approach to your cabin cleared and his plow is on his truck I am sure for a few bubblies or a shot he will plow it for you. That area you are talking about should be good. I would also try along the weed edge on the east side of the lake.Also the big reef straight out from "Arts" place is a good spot winter and summer. Besides my dad there is virtually no other traffic or fishermen on this lake in the winter. You should be alone out there with the wolves and the moose. As there will be no packed trails on the lake, and with the amount of snow on the ice be careful of the slush. I know of at least a half dozen 25lb. plus pike coming out of there, usually first thing in the spring. Good luck and let the big ones go!

P.S. Where abouts are you guys from? I understand Chicago or there abouts.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Jeff S

That's some great info btt, thanks for the help. We are from St. Paul, Mn. We have some more questions for you if you'll help us out. If you'd help us I can be reached at pjjfishing3@cs.com.

Thanks again for the help!

P.S. Were with you on letting those big ones go! A 25lb. pike is a truely rare fish!
Old 03-04-2019, 09:58 AM
Minnow

How was the fishing up on Savoy Lake?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglelx View Post
How was the fishing up on Savoy Lake?
You do realize this is a 16 year old post and all by guests?
Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Theholms@telus.net

Default Savoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd View Post
You do realize this is a 16 year old post and all by guests?
Hello, just doing a bit of nostalgia with my dad. He is Art McFaddin. Just in the middle of moving him to Calgary to live with us.Had so many good memories at Savoy and wondering how things are going at the lake.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Minnow

Was his place on the South end of the Lake?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:54 PM
Stick13

Default Looking for Savoy info on Ray Tetrault

Was up to Rays cabin Year & Years ago wondering if McFadden knows if he is still there or even alive??
Stick1113@msn.com (my email)