Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft 1032 or 1232 Jon Boat - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Fool For The Opti

Default Alumacraft 1032 or 1232 Jon Boat

Just looking for any comments from owners of either of these Jon boats--Alumacraft 1032 or 1232.

I am mainly wanting to cross a 40-50 yard wide river for deer hunting or perhaps float the same river a mile or so for wood ducks. No motor, just oars to row. I like the 1032 as it would fit in the bed of my Chevy 1500 pick-up nicely and I can stand it on end in my garage for storage. The 1232 may also work in my pick-up, more will hang out though. We will need to carry the boat 400 yards through the woods on a 4 wheeler trail. I may possibly use a canoe carrier with wheels for that.

I am mainly wondering if the 1032 is sturdy enough and will be adequate for 2 men, or a man and a deer to cross the river. The 1032 and 1232 both have 3 seats, the 1032 has 2 ribs, the 1232 has 4. I don't want to buy more boat than I need due to transport issues , but also don't want to regret going too small.

It would really help me if anyone has experience with a 10 foot Jon boat, is it enough boat for what I want to do or should I upgrade to the 12 footer?