Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Artificial Only Walleye Tournaments - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Cedarsac

Default Artificial Only Walleye Tournaments

Spurred by an article "Why I Hate Livebait" in the April FLW magazine, also there are some comments on facebook promoting walleye tournaments with artificial baits only. Sounds like a good idea to me but then again i may not be seeing all the advantages or disadvantages. what are your thoughts. Gary Korsgaden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Wallhanger

Personally,..............If Walleye Tournaments start looking like B.A.S.S. tournaments I will be done paying attention,....
Old 03-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Keeper

I think the only ones who would really benifit from that are the big bait companies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Smile Next Step in Size and Numbers for Eyes...

I have 'only used Artificial lures since the mid-80s for Eyes. I stepped the game up another notch by only chasing sUMo Eyes over 8 pound since I retired in 1999. I slip a waxworm on for the GKids if they want to fish for Gills, but that's it baitwise for the old fart... Crappie luv artificials also. Eyes "used" to be a by-product catch when I was Bassing on Erie & inland waters in the 60-70-80s... Just twist the Bassin' game to meet the Eyes game-plan & you will score on Size and Numbers for sure!

Fishing w/buds is a fun social event, while
Angling is a serious skill-growth rung-climbing event with loads of self-improvement satisfaction w/each step... Hang a Hog, Not a Smelt

Ray da sUMo 'Chaser
Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 AM
aim bay mills

ask richie boggs how he likes artificial only trnys, it put a nice lump in his wallet last year....
Old 03-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Minnow

Default live bait

Once your brain has shifted gears.That we donot need live bait to win tourneys.The quicker your mind will focus on actually why your there.Win learn and have fun.............
Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurangerstu View Post
I think the only ones who would really benifit from that are the big bait companies.
I agree with that
Let's face it, Walleye fishing with or without bait will never get as big as Tournament Bass fishing
Some people need to let it go

Live rigging and crawlers are in the DNA of Walleye fishing
Loss that and it's poor second to Bass fishing
Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Minnow

try that on erie and you will have to name it "cheat w/meat tourney" lol!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Keeper

well they had a very successful tournament in 08 on wabigoon lake when the pwt was still going n that was an only artificial tournament so i think the concept of no live bait for tournies can n will make u a better fisherman n work harder to catch the right fish i believe its the future of walleye fishing hope that all of them go bait less
Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 PM
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Default It won't help the anglers

The only thing it will help is the companies. So what if it goes artificial instead of 5 guys getting reduced prices on artificial baits 10 guys will whoop ty do!