Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Who sells more boats? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 PM
boat3er

Default Who sells more boats?

Who sells more fishing boats in MN, Lund or Alumacraft? Where could a person find that information?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Wallhanger

Default Not Sure but......

I conducted my own little unofficial survey last weekend while out on the water in an Alumacraft on Winni for the MN opener and I would say Lund has all other manufacturers out numbered 5 to 1. I love em both but I'm still ordering a Ranger in the Fall!!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Minnow

A salesman told me last week that Tracker is now the largest manufacturer. Of course he was trying to sell me a boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Minnow

I would guess you must be able to find that info on-line somewhere. I drove down to the cities from Duluth and back this past weekend and saw more Lunds than any other brand. Alumacraft was second with Crestliner a distant third. Unofficial of course but I wasn't surprised, Lunds are a very popular boat. I still like my Alumacraft even if it is in second place!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
A salesman told me last week that Tracker is now the largest manufacturer. Of course he was trying to sell me a boat.
Tracker sells more boats than anybody else (Glass boats, aluminum, pontoons, jon boats).
But, from what I am told, their market share for Aluminum has slipped from years past.

Don't know about MN..?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

Terry,
Actually in the last two years Trackers Deep V market share has gone up significantly. Ever since the revamping of the 16 and 17 foot models and the total redesign of the 18 ft Targa. Very good boats for the money, and more and more fishermen/women are realizing it across the northern fishing areas.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Minnow

Default Minnesota Marketshare report

Here is the Minnesota marketshare for 10-20 foot aluminum fishing boats, does not include pontoons, this is as of 2011 4th Qtr, 12 month rolling. This information was from Marine Matrix / infoLink.

Alumacraft: 34.59%
Lund: 24.42%
Tracker: 10.89%
Crestliner: 9.40%
G3: 3.19%
Lowe: 2.40%
Smokercraft 2.21%
Mirrorcraft: 1.33%
Old 05-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Wallhanger

I think that Lund has a dominant market share (50% or so) of the aluminum fishing boat market in MN and both Dakotas.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

I really don't know what difference it makes what brand is the most popular. You can have the #1 boat in the world and if you pair it with a crappy dealer you won't be happy.

Visit several dealers in your area. See what brands they sell, find some that interest you, test drive them and then start checking the dealer out.
This web sight and others are littered with threads of people who bought from questionable dealers just to try and save a nickle.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Trego

Default misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumacraftBoatCo View Post
Here is the Minnesota marketshare for 10-20 foot aluminum fishing boats, does not include pontoons, this is as of 2011 4th Qtr, 12 month rolling. This information was from Marine Matrix / infoLink.

Alumacraft: 34.59%
Lund: 24.42%
Tracker: 10.89%
Crestliner: 9.40%
G3: 3.19%
Lowe: 2.40%
Smokercraft 2.21%
Mirrorcraft: 1.33%
This is very misleading. Alumacraft counts canoes, jon boats, as well as fishing boats. Lund makes only fishing boats. What is the fishing boat to fishing boat count?