Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bay de Noc Walleyes - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 11-25-1999, 06:06 AM
Capt. Doug Schreiber, Hot Jigs Guide Service

Default Bay de Noc Walleyes

Home for the holiday and a home cooked meal. Fishing on the bay remains good. The daytime bite has been tough, but the night bite has been very good. Last week we saw 3 fish over 11 pounds and a number over 10. Fish are being taken everywhere, reefs, shallow points and any shoreline weeds. Casting AJs over the points and shoreline weeds worked well last week. Took walleyes up to 30 inches doing this. The fish were practically taking the baits off the surface. If you think a certain location may hold fish, give it a try. I did that last week on my day off and caught fish where I had never fished before.The cold has finally arrived and the water should start to cool again. The steady water temperature we have had over the past 2 weeks has made the daytime bite tough. Once the temperature starts to drop the daytime bite will pick up. Either way the weeds are dropping and walleyes will move off the reefs and shorelines with the bait fish. You may want to try to run some deep running Roques or Husky jerks. We have had some success using these during the day. From this time on last year I had my best fishing. Good luck, Capt. Doug Schreiber, Hot Jigs Guide Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement