Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
structure scan - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Minnow

Default structure scan

When wiring power can the yellow and red be wired together through the boats master power switch or does the red need to be powered at all times? My master power runs the sonar unit so they would both be on at all times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 AM
Cedarsac

Default Wiring InPut

What I did with mine is run a positive and a negative wire direct from the battery to a terminal block. Ran my structure scan and locator direct onto the block. Then added a waterproof marine toggle switch to control the on and off for structure scan and the locator together. When not in use i turn the toggle switch off eliminating unecessary voltage draw. I kept the circuit separate for like livewells, running lights etc which is linked to the master switch panel. I felt this will eliminate interference or voltage drops from live well pumps, bilge pumps or lights when on. On all postive wires I put inline fues. using the flat spade verisons that connect more solidly then the twist or screw types. Hope this helps

QUOTE=poetater;1262058]When wiring power can the yellow and red be wired together through the boats master power switch or does the red need to be powered at all times? My master power runs the sonar unit so they would both be on at all times.[/QUOTE]