Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1850 Reata/F150 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Minnow

Tried the 19p Yamaha again, and same result so I made a switch.

Tried a 19p Enertia. This was much better but still not perfect. With the Enertia, I got much better hole shot, and the lift was absolutely amazing. Lots of boat out of the water, although I did have it very light. No gear to speak of and just me. 5450 was all I could get and was chinewalking at that. The speed cranked up to 44.5 though.

Am starting to think I have a dog for a motor. Was torn between Verado and F150 and am disappointed now. I am going to try a 17p or 18p Enertia next. I think it's time to put the motor on a computer and see what's up also. Lots of guys seem to have a 21p on this setup. There's no way that would work for me, that i can see anyway.

BK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Wallhanger

Definitely get it in and have them hook it up. Something's screwy. With all the guys on here with this combo, we're all seeing "normal" rpm's and speed. High 40's all day. I wonder if for some reason your not getting full throttle response?? Pull the hood, put the handle at WOT and go back to the motor to check and see if you can get more throttle out of it. It may be stopping short for some reason? First I'd change out the plugs if you havn't, you may have one plug that has a funky spark at high rpm's? Check them all to make sure they're all the same color. Don't give up hope yet...it may be something real simple.

BIRDDOG
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Minnow

It has an appt for monday am at the dealers to see if there's some problem other than the prop. I'll let you know what they find.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Minnow

Yesterday was one of those days you'd like to bottle up and sell. 85 degrees, next to no wind. Perfect day to boat. Took family out to the beach, hit that hard and went and ran said boat up and down the lake. No boat traffic or bottom watching or any other distractions. Apparently I needed that.

I was able to get the Enertia 19p up to 5950 and 49.1mph by myself, and was able to hit 5800 with family and hit 48 with them. No chine walking, motor trimmed waaay up but water pressure stayed good. Incredible lift and hole shot compared to the 19m Yamaha prop. Much much more boat out of water than with the 19m.

Either said F150 decided to uncork itself or I got it figured out. I would say the latter. My observation would be that my Reata needs flat water to achieve a larger measure of its performance potential than my last boat did. Thanks for all help, I'm gonna follow the advice of an old time boater: "When your boat is running good, don't let anyone mess with it."