Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What is your preferred Canadian experience? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Wallhanger

Default Best Canadian experience

The best trips start with an outfitter that responds to your email in a timely manner. The trip North is part of the trip too, go times on the road are a great way to start. Quick border crossing, too. A warm greeting, good cabin, with a deck, and a view of the water. Boat, seats and motor that work a must, time on the water, great fishing and taking time to have a beer, cup of coffee a cigar and watch the sunrise and sunsets! Stories around the campfire, heck let's have a Northern Light display too! A safe trip home, planning the next trip!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 12:44 PM
Keeper

Default Best Canadian Expeience

Living in SE Pennsylvania I see a lot of Loons (the bird kind), when fishing the Jersey coast, heading North and South seasonally.
It's the first thing I listen for when I fish Canada. When they're migrating off Jersey, they're silent.
When I hear that first long wavering call, I know I have arrived.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Minnow

Sights, sounds, and even the smell. If you've been you will never forget. It's the things dreams are made of. If you could bottle the "Canadian experience" you would be a millionaire.
I just feel sorry for the people that have never been blessed with the experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan walleye guy View Post
Sounds like the site of my first Canadian experience, at Wintering Lake, off 599, about 30 minutes north of Ignace. Your comments about the 40-year-old boat landing and the camping on a pull off mirror my experiences there long ago. Somebody posted (earlier this winter) that Wintering Lake has some new cabins. I sure would like to go back. Haven't been there in about 20 years. Sweet memories......
Wintering is in the area, but you would need to go a little west to find me. Cutoff to gravel is about 2 miles out of Ignace off 599. One of last remaining places that a non resident can still camp. There's lots of good lakes in north of Ignace. Over the years I've fished a bunch of them.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Thanks, IM, you must have read the one I wrote! Have a great day!

Bill
I have read it multiple times. It's a great wintertime read to pass the time between trips.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Slot Fish

Our group has been going to Ontario for 25 years and have always wanted an out-post setting with relatively low traffic without the airplane ride. (We have had some harrowing experiences on planes in Ontario.) We don't need much in the way of creature comforts. Nice cabin, running water, heat, showers, and bathrooms.

We finally found the best place and love it! For years we did a fly-in with the 14 ft 9.9 hp motors with a variety of outfitters and loved the solitude of that kind of experience, but it came with much greater expense and tiny boats.

We are getting older now and have, for the past 7 years, had a great experience at Lac Seul Outposts on the northeast area of Lac Seul. Fishing is incredible! The cabins are exactly what we want. Rustic but very comfortable. We have annually a group of 6-10 guys (aged 40-75) and the service is spectacular but we are left alone to our own devices....perfect. Grills on the deck, nice fish cleaning house, has on site, minniws too! All of our needs met plus! Great fishing and an outpost experience! You can bring your own boat or rent theirs. 30 mile, roughly, boat-in away from the crowds. There are some house boats, which we hate, but overalll our group is incredibly happy there.

My two cents.