Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Guys filming their own prefishing footage? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-18-2014, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Default great job

always enjoy the videos. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Video's

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. We've got a lot in the works for 2015 and plan to continue to provide as much info and entertainment as possible.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally hunter View Post
So you guys are pretty much using a go pro and not a ion?
Thats what I used and Corey has been using also.
Not saying they are better or worse thatn the Ion. Just what we have been using.

They take some pretty goods pics too.

I guess Corey has also used an Ion along with his GoPro.
NPAA #499

Last edited by Chad; 12-19-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Charter Member

We actually used the ION quite a bit and enjoyed how it works.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Wallhanger

Not trying to high jack the thread and hoping I am adding more to the same question from the OP.

I would use a GoPro. I have been thinking about doing the same and actually more with them. The reason I am looking at the GoPro is the mounting systems available. Too many to list and they have the ability to be very flexible in the boat with camera angles and such.

My concern has been the microphones. Many of the guys doing shows or major footage in their boats in a tourney the mic's have a cover on them to reduce wind noise among other outside noises. I was curious whether a good video editing program would allow the ability to cancel out background noises like wind or others?

Anyone know?
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!
Old 12-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Keeper

What model ion camera do you use? And no your not stealing post the more questions the better hopefully they get answered
Old 12-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthehook67 View Post
Not trying to high jack the thread and hoping I am adding more to the same question from the OP.

I would use a GoPro. I have been thinking about doing the same and actually more with them. The reason I am looking at the GoPro is the mounting systems available. Too many to list and they have the ability to be very flexible in the boat with camera angles and such.

My concern has been the microphones. Many of the guys doing shows or major footage in their boats in a tourney the mic's have a cover on them to reduce wind noise among other outside noises. I was curious whether a good video editing program would allow the ability to cancel out background noises like wind or others?

Anyone know?
Wind is really bad with the GoPro even in the case. That is why most use background music, or narrate over the footage. Especially on rough days and runs from spot to spot.

While fishing you could switch to a frame mount, and the sound would be much better.

I use that mount when I'm sure no water will hit the camera, usually when filming kids events, weddings, etc. Not sure I would trust it on the boat, I am pretty sure the music is a better option then my constant ranting anyway.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
Wind is really bad with the GoPro even in the case. That is why most use background music, or narrate over the footage. Especially on rough days and runs from spot to spot.

While fishing you could switch to a frame mount, and the sound would be much better.

I use that mount when I'm sure no water will hit the camera, usually when filming kids events, weddings, etc. Not sure I would trust it on the boat, I am pretty sure the music is a better option then my constant ranting anyway.
Wind is bad no matter the system you use. Had cameraman from the news out with his new top end equipment and windy days are just tough.

I believe there are some remote mics available but that is over my head.

I use a tripod mount on my gopro often. It is threaded for a 1/4 x 20 bolt. This allows me to use any mount I want to custom make. I made a pole mount using a painting stick, an old roller where I cut off the metal and punched it out of the handle and incerted the correct bolt to create a mount.
NPAA #499

Last edited by Chad; 12-19-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiz View Post
If you are talking about doing something like this,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGRCeB-zdpU

send me a message and I can help you out. We've had a blast filming and posting video's all year.

Corey Heiser
Artifishalleyes

Really like it! Good work. Nate
Old 12-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Keeper

Thanks guys I ended up getting a gopro4 silver, what mounts do you guys recommend for the boat,and for the net?