Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Greenball trailer tires anyone? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 01-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Minnow

Default Greenball trailer tires anyone?

In my search for a tire brand that makes 12" radial tires, I'm discovering my options are very limited in the tire manufacturer supply chain.
Most often mentioned: Carlisle. Ok...but are there any other options?

Then I came across Greenball corp.
They handle/distribute an overseas built - ST145R12 Secura radial.
Surfing the web, there is near zero discussion/comments from customers using this specific tire or this brand. These are folks I'd like testimony from.

Anyone with experience running Greenball tires?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Wallhanger

I've never heard of them, are they a new tire?
Old 01-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Minnow

www.greenball.com/about.asp
Apparently, Greenball has been around for awhile, expanding it's supply sources and product lines
Would like to know if trailer owners out there have high praises for theses tires......or not :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Wallhanger

rebrunner:

It looks like Greenball puts their own brand name on tires other companies make for them. In 2004, Goodyear celebrated the 1 millionth Towmaster trailer tire they made for Greenball, all made in either Canada or New Zealand. I found a website announcing China was raising the taxes on exported tires and that was causing Greenball to increase prices across their product line. So, some Greenballs are made in China. If you have any choice, my advice is to not buy a safety-critical product labeled Made in China no matter whose brand name is on them, tires included. The DOT code will tell you which plant made the tire and there should also be a "Made in XXX" stamp on the sidewall.

Last edited by yarcraft91; 01-25-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:30 AM

I found another web site that lists a 12" radial.

http://recstuff.com/st145r-12radialtire.aspx

I contacted them and they said it is a Loadstar tire by Kenda. Loadstar seems to have a good reputation on line, so I plan on purchasing two for my trailer. Let you know how they last.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Minnow

Default Kenda could be a player

Thanks for the tip about Load Star. I thought they only offered sizes starting at st175/80r13. But, after a little digging, they DO make a 12inch.
So, for all those looking for a 12" radial, consider adding Kenda Load Star's to your 12" special tire maker list .

This is a recent exerpt from a Kenda Load Star tire distributor:

The ST145 R-12 load range E is a Loadstar Karrier tire, manufactured by Kenda. It is a standard OEM tire used by some of the largest OEM trailer manufactures in the US and is found on 1000?s of trailers nationwide. All Kenda tires come with a 4 year warranty from date of manufacture or 2 years from your date of purchase, so you can be assured of their quality. Please view our website http://recstuff.com/st145r-12radialtire.aspx to see the spec?s on this product. The cost for each ST145 R-12 tire is $49.07, the estimated shipping for UPS ground is $29.61 from our Wisconsin warehouse to Des Moines , Iowa . Thank you for taking a look at RecStuff.com, we appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you. Thanks, Jen Gilmore Recstuff.com Sales & Support
Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the web site info. I've had the Kenda Loadstar tires on my Karavan boat trailer for the last 6 yrs. Purchased a new pair with rims from RecStar.com on Monday & they were at my home yesterday. No problems with the first set, thought I'd replace them due to age. It was actually cheaper to buy the wheel & tire assemblies than to buy what is sold locally & have mounted on my existing wheels. The tire brand I was comparing to was Carlisle.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebrunner View Post
In my search for a tire brand that makes 12" radial tires, I'm discovering my options are very limited in the tire manufacturer supply chain.
Most often mentioned: Carlisle. Ok...but are there any other options?

Then I came across Greenball corp.
They handle/distribute an overseas built - ST145R12 Secura radial.
Surfing the web, there is near zero discussion/comments from customers using this specific tire or this brand. These are folks I'd like testimony from.

Anyone with experience running Greenball tires?

Thanks
There are various brands that you can choose from depending on the kind that you are comfortable and that which suits the car. Check out: www.clicktire.com. They have a great range of tires and wheels and I’m sure you will find the right ones to suit your needs.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Keeper

Default Tires

Don't forget to get your trailer tires balanced.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:03 PM

Hay thanks for the advice on the tires at http://recstuff.com/ST145/R-12RadialTrailerTire.aspx I bought two tires from them, Kenda ST145/R-12 Radial Trailer Tires been running on them for about two months now. And have we put the miles on. I am now thinking about putting them on my Flatbed trailer. I have had great luck the Kenda tires and will buy more from http://www.recstuff.com. great service and products.