Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS 12 Touch Heat and Cold - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 06-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

Default HDS 12 Touch Heat and Cold

This is the first boat I have had that I used the indash mounting of one of my HDS 12 units. Typically...I take my units off when boat is stored in garage (even for a week) and put them on the boat at the lake. So they are kept in even temperature in the house, winter and summer.

However, now that I have an indash...my question is how well will this unit do stored in say a garage that can get up to 100 degrees or higher in the heat of summer, with humidity...and down to say 10 degrees in the cold of winter???

Should I take the unit off the boat in the winter. Summer would be a little difficult but...

Thoughts???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Wallhanger

Default heat

I leave all my electronics on under my cover and since its a black cover it gets hot enough to fry an egg and all works ok for me. Do they list the temp range in the owners manual?

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing