Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Replacing Floor in '81 Smokercraft 16' Angler - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Minnow

Default Replacing Floor in '81 Smokercraft 16' Angler

I've got to replace the main floor in my 1981 Smokercraft 16' aluminum fishing boat and could use some advice about how to fit it under the small shelves on each side of the boat.

Picture one shows my boat and hopefully the shelf on the right side is visible enough to demonstrate what my question pertains to (boat is covered and in storage right now or I'd provide a better shot).

Because a shelf extends about 3" over the floor on each side, I am not sure either how to remove the old floor without damaging my ability to use it as a template or afterward, how I can install the new floor and get it under those shelves.

I know at the factory they no doubt installed the floor before the side shelves went into place, but I'm hoping against hope that I do not have to remove the shelves to put the floor in.

I've read a lot about what materials I ought to use and how to seal the floor material, but have never encountered any information about how to address my (very handy!!) side shelves when replacing a floor.

Anyone out there have experience with a renovation project like this one? All suggestions will be gratefully accepted!
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1981 Smokercraft 16ft Angler_1.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	487.2 KB
ID:	10212  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Minnow

Default More Pics... '81 Smokercraft 16' Angler Floor

I found two more shots that show the shelf that extends over the floor I need to replace in my Smokercraft. Hopefully these give a little more detail on how the shelf extends about 3 inches over the boat floor.
Any ideas????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Shelf 1a.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	10213   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side Shelf 2a.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	458.0 KB
ID:	10214  
Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Wallhanger

I'm guessing that the shelves will need to come out when you do the floor,...

Shouldn't be to hard,.........