Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Zercom Colorpoint - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 01-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Charter Member

Default Zercom Colorpoint

This weekend I finally got to give my new flasher a true test. All I can say is I LOVE IT !! I seemed to outfish most everyone near me. It was so neat to see fish on bottom, raise my jig and watch the perch actually move up to bite. When I wasn't marking fish, I would switch to a more flashy jig and jig more aggressively to draw fish in. When they showed up, I'd go back to the subtle presentation. I don't really know if my technique worked or if the schools just came by naturally but the down times were alot shorter than normal. If, as most people say, the Vexilar is superior, I have to see for myself before I believe it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Keeper

Default RE: Zercom Colorpoint

Glad you like yours, I love mine also. However, I have a very bad interference problem with mine when it is set up nest to anything that has an electrical heart beat. This is true with all of the colorpoints to my knowlege. So beware when planning a trip with someone in an enclosed area. I would say you need 10 feet to get away from the interference.

Old 01-07-2003, 04:12 AM
Charter Member

Yes sir I had a buddy that was fishing in the same house with me and he actually ask me to turn my vexilar FL8 off so he could use his colorpoint to see if it was still working properly.
Finally he let another house use it that was 50' away and it was ok.
nterference with a vex is real bad and the colorpoint will be unreadable but the vex is unaffected.
Good luck with your unit my bud now has the new vex 18 so he be happy:)

Pitts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2003, 05:09 AM
Charter Member

Ryan and Pitts, thanks for the info. I was aware of the interference problem before I bought the unit. Due to the fact that 90+% of the time I fish alone, I'm not too concerned. I also rarely (if ever) fish out of a shanty, again I don't expect a problem. I'll just drill a new hole and move if someone is too close. I've tried tents, clams, permanent houses, etc. but to me they're a pain in the butt. I prefer to be more mobile than they let me be. I may only fish a hole for 15 minutes before moving. Besides, they're a bear to pull up a hill. Thanks again. Hey, I may decide to upgrade in a year or two, who knows.