Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Warrior 1890 value/performance????? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focker View Post
Sorry, straying off topic, I just can't take it.
Since troy and company are, well, not a company I'll comment on their behalf.
It's not accurate to say "warriors" are narrow. The boat you had was one of the 90 series(i.e. 2090,1890)and indeed has a "narrow" 90 inch beam. Of note so do the 18 and 20 foot ranger tillers. There are other older warrior models without the 90 designation that also have a 90 in beam. There are a lot of models that have 95,96,97 in. beams. That is not narrow. Even the mighty ranger 621 is listed at 96 1/2. I sure don't think it's narrow.
Long story why they have(had) 90 in beam boats out to 20 feet in their linup, but suffice to say if had a point to it's design.
To the OP, the 10k I quoted saying they were changing hands, that was with 4 stroke engines. I'd want it for less with a 2 stroker.
Well all I can say is they are not designed well (the 2090 for example) with their consols SOOOO far back and so little dance floor for trolling. I now have a 2005 Ranger Reata and it is amazing! Tons of space, forward consol and IMHO is much better laid out than the 621vs.

I LOVE my Ranger!
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Tiller Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxCanada View Post
Well all I can say is they are not designed well (the 2090 for example) with their consols SOOOO far back and so little dance floor for trolling. I now have a 2005 Ranger Reata and it is amazing! Tons of space, forward consol and IMHO is much better laid out than the 621vs.

I LOVE my Ranger!
Yes and we all heard how you loved your Warrior when you had it!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller Boy View Post
Yes and we all heard how you loved your Warrior when you had it!

I did at first...until I got in A) Rough Water, and B) started trolling with more than one person in the boat.
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxCanada View Post
Even in a tiller boat width is important because it means stability. if you are staying on small lakes then you'll be fine, but if you plan on hitting big water it's something to consider. The Warrior is a well made boat but just too narrow for my tastes. I'm not saying it's not stable....it is...just not for me.
I disagree with tillers needing to be wider. A 86 inch wide is probably plenty stable and anything over 90 is over kill. Even the Ranger 20 foot tillers are made narrower than there wheel boats. Ask Ranger, there is a reason. There lititure states it, tracking. I don't have a Warrior but have fished in many and are great boats.