Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Brace Lake Outfitters - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Minnow

Default Brace Lake Outfitters

Looking at trying these guys out. Have been going to the Nakina area for a while, primarily Melchett Lake. Thinking about trying someplace different on our next trip.

I have exchanged emails with Teri and she seemed very friendly and was incredibly helpful addressing some of our camp questions.

Wanted to get an idea from someone that has been there about the fishing. We primarily fish for walleye.

Also, are the cabins "on top" of each other? Wondered how much you see/hear of others that are there. There's only one cabin on Melchett so we typically have the lake to ourselves.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
flipdip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2017, 02:43 PM
Ole Joe

Thumbs up Nakina

I have never fished Brace but have fished Meta which is the next lake up and not far. I have met Kyle and Teri a few times at shows. We usually fish Melchett also and I,m sure you will have good fishing on Brace. When we went in last year there were 3 new cedar strip boats waiting to be flown in. Kyle will put you on fish I,m sure. He said yum twister tails in pink and white is the go to bait. LOL and I said pink and white or chartreuse or and other twister tail. They haven't been at it long but they do a good job. If you go and fish Meta, the river mouth going to Brace and as soon as you enter Meta on the left there is a long sand bar. 8 -10 ,ft of water with weeds. A lot of walleyes on both. 17 days and we will be seeing Melchett ....if the ice is off! Have a good trip.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Wallhanger

http://www.canadafishingguide.net/brace-lake-adventure/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2017, 06:04 AM
Minnow

Thanks adempsey2.0, that was a great link.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Keeper

Default Brace Lake

My wife and I fished Brace last August. Terri and Kyle are the real deal! These two run an excellent resort! They run the whole thing themselves, just the two of them. There are several cabins that are separated and several that are a little closer to each other. We had no problems being bothered by noise from the other cabins. We did quite well catching walleyes. The majority were caught on a jig and twister. Most bright colored tails worked,but I would say white/pink and bright chartreuse lead the way. Adding 1/2 of a crawler also increased productivity. We caught walleyes everywhere. 6 ft. of water to 15 ft. of water. Mostly in the cabbage weeds. Brace and Meta are very shallow stained lakes. If it looked fishy it usually was.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipdip View Post
Looking at trying these guys out. Have been going to the Nakina area for a while, primarily Melchett Lake. Thinking about trying someplace different on our next trip.

I have exchanged emails with Teri and she seemed very friendly and was incredibly helpful addressing some of our camp questions.

Wanted to get an idea from someone that has been there about the fishing. We primarily fish for walleye.

Also, are the cabins "on top" of each other? Wondered how much you see/hear of others that are there. There's only one cabin on Melchett so we typically have the lake to ourselves.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
flipdip
Fished Brace a couple summers ago. Loved it! We were in the cabin furthest from Kyle's, which is probably where you want to be as it is also furthest from other parties. Kyle and Terri are great hosts and Kyle specifically is just a very interesting, hard working, and good person to talk to. Though Brace is a great body of water, Kyle took us to a place on Meta that was great for Pike. You could literally see Northern scattering as we slowing down the boat. It is a big body of water, but if you fell out, you could stand up in it. Most of what we fished in on Meta was in the 4-6 ft range. I can't speak for the Walleye that much as we primarily fished for Pike. One thing that I found so impressive about Kyle is that he didn't tell us where to go, he got into a boat and drove to the exact point where we should go. I believe Ara is about 45 minutes from the Brace Lake Lodge, which is another lake you can check out for Walleyes.

I know a couple next two us were catching 50-60 Walleyes just 150 yards out from the lodge. I would have no problems recommending them.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Wallhanger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZI2YJteC68
Old 05-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Minnow

are you from Ohio and did you fish Kayedon in 2011 with a group from Dayton
Old 05-16-2017, 06:53 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleedy77 View Post
are you from Ohio and did you fish Kayedon in 2011 with a group from Dayton
nope and nope