Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Impeller brand - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Keeper

Default ??

I have an older 93 Johnson VRO 40hp...spits water just fine...But I would like to know how its done...I'm a weekend mechanic and am not a stranger to tools but never did anything on an outboard. is there a thread or basic instructions somewhere I could look at. Any special tools needed?..never know when the information may come in handy?..

With the weather we are having I have plenty of time...LOL
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollingforwalleye View Post
I have an older 93 Johnson VRO 40hp...spits water just fine...But I would like to know how its done...I'm a weekend mechanic and am not a stranger to tools but never did anything on an outboard. is there a thread or basic instructions somewhere I could look at. Any special tools needed?..never know when the information may come in handy?..

With the weather we are having I have plenty of time...LOL
Do a youtube search, there are several video's showing the process.

The only thing at all hard, is making sure your shifting linkage lines up as it should when you lift the lower unit back into place. Just remember to never force it back together, when everything lines up, it will lift all the way up into place.

Nice to have 2 people for lifting back into place, and starting the bolts.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Wallhanger

i dont know about other engines but on a mercury you have a splined coupling and a splined shaft you just make sure to have them lined up and the lower unit should slide all the way on. the mercury isnt hard to do at all. i have changed the pump in mercury v-6 motors and the old inline 6,s and mercruisers and they are all the same. i can change the pump in about an hour but it sure helps to have someone to help.