Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
As UNPROFESSIONAL as you can get!!! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Minnow

Default As UNPROFESSIONAL as you can get!!!

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]So this past weekend at the BPS Spring Classic in Denver we had quite a few seminars about walleye fishing from some of the local anglers. These anglers are VERY good fishermen and many have fished at the National level at one time or another as well. They all gave informative talks and their opinions were broad, but all had a time and place for the specific tactic they were discussing. Then along comes a “pro” to speak and totally 100% shoots down what these great anglers had been talking about. This supposed “pro” told everyone in the crowd that the local guys were wrong and he knew what was right. He gave no credit to the other anglers at all and once again discounted everything that they talked about. This was one of the most unprofessional acts I’ve ever heard of, and his sponsors alone should be embarrassed with this display. I’m just curious if anyone else has witnessed this at any of the sports shows or seminars across the country? I do know many of the guys that fish the pro circuits and I would suspect that if this happens it is on a very limited basic. Just a rant and to show my disappointment in a select few in this industry.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Wallhanger

i really dont pay much respect for the "pros" in the industry... Take their cell phone away and they wouldnt do squat in most tourneys...

Give them 2 days to figure out a body of water and dont let them use their cell phone to call all the locals that they know and see how well they do... Put them on the same level as other anglers with limited time off ect and they really are not as good as they think.

Anyone can find fish if given 2 weeks to prefish..Not to mention there are guys ( and I know some) that idiolize these so called pros and will actually go out and spend their time and money prefishing for them just so they can say they put (insert pros name) on a good bite....The pros dont even care about these guys, they just realize that these guys are big enough tools to do this for them...

I would agree with you, very UNPROFESSIONAL on their part.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Wallhanger

Hmm ?.
Usually Bass Pro uses really good guys.
I have listened to a lot of seminars by a lot of successful fishermen over the years.
Some time you pick up some great tips.
But.....I remember one "Pro" telling us that we should not troll cranks with Fireline (or other braids).
His reasoning was: The fish missed all the time when trying to bite. -because the line didn't stretch, so the fish couldn't inhale the crankbait. :rotfl:

Hard to listen anymore after that.. :huh:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

Default pro

please provide the link, can't find it for some reason
Old 03-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Wallhanger

I can remember some "pros" on a well known TV show stating you can't catch walleyes on a slip bobber in South Dakota. I have been doing it for a long time, but just didn't know that I couldn't.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Charter Member

Some guys are in it for self satisfaction and some guys are in it to be admired. Sounds like you got the latter.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

I've consistently found just about the opposite to be true. We've booked many speakers for our Walleye club over many years. I've found the speakers are very respectful of our members experiences and comments. There really is only a few times I can recall in the presentations that a claim was made to be any more knowledgable than anyone that has spent time/effort on the water to figure things out.

I've often felt almost the exact opposite - the pro's seem to share everything, it's almost like they have spent an excessive amount of time to learn their skills, and it's given away to the audience. The common approach is they all seem to accept is sharing their knowledge is good for the sport, and without promoting interest in the sport we all would have some serious issues.

Too bad about your bad experience, I guess maybe everyone has a bad day, I know I do.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Wallhanger

Like the pro who told me I couldn't catch walleye on night crawlers in cold water early spring, they don't work until the water warms up. Shhhh don't tell the walleyes, I have been hammering on night crawlers they must not know that fact. lol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Wallhanger

no diff the magazines you read....Full of BS just so they can fill up the pages...
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Wallhanger

Pros are just like the rest of us, some extremely good and helpful, some a little arrogant and not so good.
The latter tend to be former pros real quick.