Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
gas prices - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
gasser

Default your not alone

I don't blame you when you have the entre bill and don't split it with anyone. We split the gas 6 ways and are still thinking of leaving the SUV at home and taking two cars instead,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Keeper

Got gas for my truck today in Red Lake . it was $1.389 a litre, multiply this by 4.5 to get the cost per imperial gallon (this is what we use in Canada, and is a little bigger than the USA gallon)

looks like it's going to be a costly summer for boat gas. but what the heck, you only live once.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tackleman View Post
Got gas for my truck today in Red Lake . it was $1.389 a litre, multiply this by 4.5 to get the cost per imperial gallon (this is what we use in Canada, and is a little bigger than the USA gallon)

looks like it's going to be a costly summer for boat gas. but what the heck, you only live once.

And once is enough when we do it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Keeper

Default Wait until spring

There is 3.7854118 liters per gallon= $4.914 gallon. Plus currency convert is right now .9896 per US dollar. How's that CHANGE work'in for Ya. I can't imagine how big those battery's will be to pull a boat with a battery powered SUV. I wonder if they will have charging stations in Red Lake ?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Keeper

Although the price has CHANGED it is still lower than it was in summer 2008. We went then, and we'll go this year. As part of the overall cost, divided among the group it's not that significant. It's also pretty hard to put a price tag on all the fun and incredible experiences I've had on my many trips to Canada. It's not cheap, but then I don't think I've ever been on a great vacation anywhere that was.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Wallhanger

Gas prices didnt stop my father and I from booking our trip this year. But I could see how one person footing the full bill driving a great distance with a large boat how it could be a deal braker. Our little 25 doesnt burn that much gas but some folks burn 10-12 gallons a day on the lake. That adds up.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:57 AM
Minnow

as i look too see a empty gas guage on my readout i see gas ahead at the next stop out of work, $1.32, and i feel sick to my stomach as i believe the rumors of over a $1.50 a liter by summer to be true... and yet my country sits on the second largest oil deposit in the world, sigh, glad im renting a small car for my fishing trip rather than my hemi lol