Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Skeeter WX2190 vs Ranger 621 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

X3 on rod storage. I ran Champions before buying my 621, they had a huge rod locker with no tubes. My 621 has tubes and I hate that part of the boat. I tried removing them but they are foamed in and don't come out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnow View Post
I appreciate the responses from everyone.
As I have experienced, all boats have their shortcomings and benefits.
Looking over the Skeeter 2190 in a showroom convinced me that the overall fit and finish is not what a Ranger is.
Ranger is very slow to admit their own problems. They also know how to raise prices every year, which is their method of keeping demand for the used boats so good.

If price was not an option, you still have to consider what you are using the boat for. I've been in several newer 621's, great boat. The cockpit area is the same old confined space due to the storage compartments. These get in the way when trolling, so do the extra seats you have to bring with 3 people in the boat. The Skeeter has the jump seats and the rear casting deck has a post hole for a seat. In the Ranger if you want a seat on the rear deck, you have to add the extra deck option, which takes up more room.
The rod locker in the Skeeter worries me, NO Tubes... The salesman at Skeeter tells me that is purposely done, he believes you can get 20 rods in there. What a mess that would be.

My Ranger 619 allows me to get into less than 18" of water with the trolling motor,will either the 621 or WX 2190?

Any thoughts?
The 2190 drafts only 16" so you should be fine, and I can fit 9 trolling rods plus 6 spinning rods and a net with room to spare in the rod locker of my WX2100.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade B AKA: Ruger2506 View Post
That post deserves some further explanation.
I have had two skeeters, the first one I bought, and the one they replaced it with under warranty. The replacement I have had since September 9th 2013. It has seen 2.4 hours on the water, the rest of the time it has spent being repaired from all of the screw ups between factories, skeeter and ezloader. The last repair was ezlaoder rebuilt the trailer. In there infinite wisdom they sent my boat to ezloader with the trailer. I was strongly opposed to this, but hey they know what I need better than I do. As they did what they wanted and not what I asked them to do.

They pulled my boat off of my trailer and placed it on another trailer for two months. It must have been stored in a sand blast bay, the entire hull is pitted. Trolling motor caked with sand, under the windshield gasket packed with sand etc...

I could go on for days about all the idiotic things I have experienced with skeeter, but this latest takes the cake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter012 View Post
I have had two skeeters, the first one I bought, and the one they replaced it with under warranty. The replacement I have had since September 9th 2013. It has seen 2.4 hours on the water, the rest of the time it has spent being repaired from all of the screw ups between factories, skeeter and ezloader. The last repair was ezlaoder rebuilt the trailer. In there infinite wisdom they sent my boat to ezloader with the trailer. I was strongly opposed to this, but hey they know what I need better than I do. As they did what they wanted and not what I asked them to do.

They pulled my boat off of my trailer and placed it on another trailer for two months. It must have been stored in a sand blast bay, the entire hull is pitted. Trolling motor caked with sand, under the windshield gasket packed with sand etc...

I could go on for days about all the idiotic things I have experienced with skeeter, but this latest takes the cake.
Sounds like you had a bad experience, sorry for that. There isn't a boat manufacturer out there that some thing similar hasn't happened to some one.

I had a WX2100 for 5 years without any issues, I am starting my second season with my WX2190 and I haven't had any issues with it. My boats get used approximately 60 days a year and on some big and sometimes very rough water.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

Wow, that sounds really bad. I can see why your post is what it is. Sorry to hear that.

I had a couple small issues with my WX1850 and both Skeeter Boat Center and Skeeter went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied. Thankfully they really took care of me.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin4fishin View Post
I strongly agree with Wade on this one. I had a Lund w/ tubes and I thought that was the perfect setup....until I got the Skeeter w/o tubes. As long as you sock your rods, you can pile a bunch of them in there without issue.

And that is why I like tubes, I don't use socks so the tubes work just fine for me.
Different strokes again, but to me the socks are a pain.

Al
Old 03-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenW View Post
[/B]

And that is why I like tubes, I don't use socks so the tubes work just fine for me.
Different strokes again, but to me the socks are a pain.

Al
X2 I carry 8 rods for myself in the boat. Socks to me are a pain. When I see a boat that has tubes, to me that says they care about your equipment not getting banged around.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentfrank View Post
Sounds like you had a bad experience, sorry for that. There isn't a boat manufacturer out there that some thing similar hasn't happened to some one.

I had a WX2100 for 5 years without any issues, I am starting my second season with my WX2190 and I haven't had any issues with it. My boats get used approximately 60 days a year and on some big and sometimes very rough water.
most skeeter enthusiasts I run across defend them with that statement. Several years ago I was looking at G3's for a tie over boat. Went to my dealer and every boat they had out in the lot had rusted fittings on the decks. Drove right out. Should have remembered that when buying this thing. There attention to detail is not the same as mine. And not everyone's level of the "perfect" boat is the same.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
most skeeter enthusiasts I run across defend them with that statement. Several years ago I was looking at G3's for a tie over boat. Went to my dealer and every boat they had out in the lot had rusted fittings on the decks. Drove right out. Should have remembered that when buying this thing. There attention to detail is not the same as mine. And not everyone's level of the "perfect" boat is the same.
Well it is a factual statement and I have yet to meet and talk to a Skeeter owner or former owner with a truly bad experience with owning a Skeeter. I have met and talked to owners or former owners of other brands with similar experiences though, this may be due to not as many Skeeter owners in the upper Midwest though but I try to talk to anyone that I see or know that owns or has owned a Skeeter.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Minnow

While I do not have any experience in the 2190, I owned a 619 and currently own a 620. I fish a lot of pro/ams on Winnebago and Green Bay on the am side, so I get to fish out of a lot of boats and I can tell you there is a world of difference between your 2007 619 and the new 621s.

It would be best if you could get out and fish in each model to see what works best for you.