Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What would you have done? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: What would you have done?

What would I have done? Not move my boat for one thing, they were under power and your friend was drifting, he had the right of way.

I'm not one to provoke confrontations but I won't be pushed around either, you want my boat moved? step over here and try to move it yourself Bub.

Bill W. (BFN)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Wallhanger

>Unfortunately the rude and inconsiderate people make a bigger
>impression than the opposite. As everyone has stated they are
>every where, but if he had a favorable impression of
>American's up to that point, why have one small sample set the
>standard.
>
>Being considerate is not rare in America quite the opposite,
>but sometimes those with the money and time to travel are not
>the best representation for our country, but I would hope
>those people in other countries know that people are basically
>the same everywhere and the nice, considerate ones out number
>the inconsiderate jerks.
>
>karpbuster

As mentioned, there are jerks everywhere and most of the average Joes are not able to travel all over the world. If this were the case, I think people from other countries would have a better impression of Americans.

I've had to travel many places around the world, but not for vacation and I am always working there. I'm a middle class kind of guy and try to behave politely -- especially when in another country, but I have also experienced the negativism that others feel toward Americans. I agree with you that, unfortunately, many of the people you describe in the second paragraph help contribute to a bad impression for Americans. Some of these people, because of their "high financial status" feel they deserve to be treated specially wherever they go.

So, I hope that your friends will make more trips down here to see what the majority of Americans are really like.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:19 AM
Charter Member

I hope he can put it behind him that it's not a typical American trait, and he just ran into a few jerks. We all have them, no matter what color, religion or nationality. Maybe your buddy should have called the game protector and told him you suspected them of fishing over the limits. Let the game protector bust their chops some and then they may never go back to Canada. Chances are creeps like that are violating some regulation.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

The answer is simple! No! All Americans are not like that just Packer fans. They shouldn't even be allowed to leave Wisconsin.

LOL
Old 10-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

Long ago when God was creating horses, he couldn't keep up with the demand and had to build a second factory. He soon discoverd that it was more effiecient to produce the front half in one plant and the rear half in the other plant.

When production run was complete and nature reproduction was keeping up with demand, he shut the plants down. Unfortunatly the plant producing the rear half didn't get the word and continued to produce for a period of time.

You can still find some of these horses a$$es running today.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Lane

The Americans had better watch out, with no hockey this year the Candians have a real short fuse. (just kidding)
Old 10-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Charter Member

Wheeze canucks t'ain't dumb 'cause:

Huked on foniks werkd fer my!!!

an' don't swipe my to herd whit dat der paint brush....it jus' may hurt, I rekin.

now wheerd I put my beer.....

Ha HA!

Roger Mayer.

Old 10-17-2004, 06:56 AM
vetspet ind

i would ask them their political persuasions...if they say they are left wing maggot infested democratic liberals...they deserve any abuse you can give them...if on the other hand they relate that they are logical, intellectual, well-meaning, conservatives (and you see a book with an author called bjorn on their boat),....chaulk it up to the fact they were probably pulling your leg and just having fun trying to impress you northern neighbors with their guile and humor...steve
Old 10-18-2004, 05:39 AM
Limiterr

There are "interesting people" everywhere you go. Everyone has to develop tactics to deal with them. I had an experience a few years back with a small lake and a borrowed American boat with the registration on the boat from MN. I am Canadian and the abuse that was hurled upon me because of that registration was brutal. This was done in front of a child of about 8. I set the guy straight but the old saying "the apple never falls far from the tree" is very true.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:29 AM

[font color=green size=3][b]The trolls are starting early this fall, ;-) they usually start with: A friend of mine........