Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Caribou Lake Lodge - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Keeper

Default Caribou Lake Lodge

Has anyone stayed at Caribou Lake Lodge ? If so what are the cabins like ? He is not looking for fancy , just clean . He and I have flown in a tent camped so he just needs shelter. Have an older friend who does not get on the web . He asked me to see what I could find out about the camp .He said with the location of this camp he "heard" a person would not have to deal with the wind on the large lower body of water once they got to camp. He is looking to go there in the late fall fishing for lake trout . He is not interested in the 2 camps on the south end of the lake . Thank You for any input !! Ps I did a search here but on found info on the 2 south camps .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Minnow

Default Caribou Lake Lodge

I have stayed at Caribou Lake Lodge the past 9 years and am going twice this year at the end of July and middle of September.

The cabins are older, but we've never had problems with the one we stay in each year. It has cold running water to the sink. He has a shower house with four separate shower units with all the hot water needed. He provides a fitted sheet, blanket, and pillow for each bunk. We usually take a sleeping bag if the weather turns too cool. Each cabin has a propane stove, oven, and fridge. There is a very nice boat landing with a huge deck that overlooks the lake (great place to have a cup of coffee and watch the sun rise if you're not already headed to a fishing spot).

His location does cut off quite a bit of travel time to the northern end of the lake where we do most of our fishing compared to the other two camps. I would not hesitate to recommend the camp to anyone especially considering his prices have always been very reasonable.