Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
fall suggestions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Wallhanger

Default fall suggestions

Fishing buddy and i already have our spring trip planned for opening week with a group of 8. The two of us like to do an additional fall trip. We usually go for about four days and have found most resort owners will accommodate us for a long weekend middle to end of Sept. and we usually get a pretty good deal. We were thinking about Cliff Lake and Lost Bay Resort, but I am not too impressed with the WC reports. We are a little leery of Lac Suel or Eagle Lake since it seems like those are busy lakes. Part of our purpose is to get away from civilization. We try to keep our fall trip a little less expensive so probably want to avoid a fly in. How about some suggestions as i ponder this 8 inches of snow outside my window?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Keeper

try plefflies on wabaskange. they live in the same town as you. boat in but remote and good fishing.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

We make a fall trip to Lac Seul and I don't feel it's even close to being "crowded". There may be a number of boats in the water, but it's a big darned lake.

Others to look at: Gullrock or Red Lake (Town of Red Lake Area), Lake Savant (Town of Savant area), O'Sullivan (Nakina area), Lot's of camps on Rainy Lake (Fort Francis area), so many choices and so little time...........

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Wallhanger

Default Seperation Lake

I guy I used to work with would make two trips a year to Sep. Lk, he always said the fall was better, fish trying to fatten up for the winter. Very little jign casting Raps and walleydivers. Lots of current, his half blind dad got his boat sideways in some rapids and flipped his boat loosing all his gear, he held on until the other boats got to him. Last trip for him, but he made the trip home!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM

fall trips (September) to either Lac Suel or Eagle will not feel crowded. The number of fishermen going that time of year are down and both of those lakes are so big you'll find a place to fish pretty much to yourself easily. Good fall fsihing on both lakes and Eagle is probably the prettiest lake I've been on.....need a gps however with all those islands.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHooksHimself View Post
Fishing buddy and i already have our spring trip planned for opening week with a group of 8. The two of us like to do an additional fall trip. We usually go for about four days and have found most resort owners will accommodate us for a long weekend middle to end of Sept. and we usually get a pretty good deal. We were thinking about Cliff Lake and Lost Bay Resort, but I am not too impressed with the WC reports. We are a little leery of Lac Suel or Eagle Lake since it seems like those are busy lakes. Part of our purpose is to get away from civilization. We try to keep our fall trip a little less expensive so probably want to avoid a fly in. How about some suggestions as i ponder this 8 inches of snow outside my window?
just go across 105 and fish Cedar Lake...no Lake Trout ...but tons of walleyes, smallmouth and trophy muskies..
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Wallhanger

Default Good stuff so far

Thanks for the responses to this point. Checked out Cedar Lake a little, looks interesting. We are familiar with Wabby since we cross it to get to our spring "home away from home" Wine Lake Camp. Wabby is pretty busy, at least in the spring. We haven't ruled out Eagle Lake yet. Keep the ideas coming, we appreciate it.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Minnow

We went September 10th-17th in 2011 the latest we have ever gone and had some of the best fishing we have ever had in our 5 years of going to Eagle Lake, Check out Birch Dale Lodge, Cheryl and Marcel are excellent hosts and you won't have to break the bank. Lake was pretty empty too some days we rarely saw anyone else.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Wallhanger

I have to agree with what Danbear said. I have been going in Sept. for many years to Eagle Lake and it had never been crowded. So many places to fish, so little time.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Reply Guy

Hey Hooks!

Our group went on a second late minute trip with Hidden Bay Lodge in Sioux Lookout.

We took advantage of one of their fly in specials they posted on their website: www.hiddenbay.com

Our group has been going to LOTW for many years, but when we saw Hidden Bay special on line we had to take it. The fly in price was cheaper than the drive in price we paid in the spring and Hidden Bay included the groceries at the outpost.

Give them a look see! They were great! Took good care of us.

Bill