Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Global Warming & Cool/Cold Water Fish - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Keeper

Default To: "Progressive Watchdog", P.2

I never said you couldn't post. I just asked that you have something to say that's on topic, which is in line with this site's policy. Thanks for explaining when and where our First Amendment rights apply, lol. I'm not going to enter into a political debate with you here because that is not the purpose of this forum as explained in the guidelines, maybe you should check them again. This forum is about fishing. This thread is about how global warming, whether you believe in it or not, may affect fish populations. Changing fish populations affects fishing. Try not to be so angry, no one expects you to accept anything that's said in this thread. Even though you feel the discussion is so distasteful, I notice that you keep returning. You can rant and rave all you like, and even try to turn this into a political discussion, but this is the last response I will have for you. This forum is about fishing, not political discussions or discussions about rights. This thread is about science as applied to fishing. Just try to chill out, you'll feel so much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Progressive Watchdog

Thumbs down Wrong Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Wolf View Post
I never said you couldn't post. I just asked that you have something to say that's on topic, which is in line with this site's policy. Thanks for explaining when and where our First Amendment rights apply, lol. I'm not going to enter into a political debate with you here because that is not the purpose of this forum as explained in the guidelines, maybe you should check them again. This forum is about fishing. This thread is about how global warming, whether you believe in it or not, may affect fish populations. Changing fish populations affects fishing. Try not to be so angry, no one expects you to accept anything that's said in this thread. Even though you feel the discussion is so distasteful, I notice that you keep returning. You can rant and rave all you like, and even try to turn this into a political discussion, but this is the last response I will have for you. This forum is about fishing, not political discussions or discussions about rights. This thread is about science as applied to fishing. Just try to chill out, you'll feel so much better.
I'll answer your points. #1) I'll let the moderators decide what the site policy is, not you. #2) You won't debate your first amendment drivel on WC because I am correct, the moderators decide what your first amendment rights are here on WC. You read the rules. #3) No rants and raves here, just calling BS to your agenda, which I will continue to do. No free passes on progressive BS. #4) I feel just fine when I can expose progressive topics and individuals. #5) You like to argue, you won't go away. That's fine with me. I'm not going away either.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Concerned Fisherman

Global warming is an issue that affects fishing. Populations of cool to cold water fish may disappear in some areas due to increased temperatures. Many fishery scientists are currently researching the issue, and their findings are being published in university journals as well as in mainstream magazines such as In-Fisherman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Progressive Watchdog

Thumbs down In Fisherman Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Fisherman View Post
Global warming is an issue that affects fishing. Populations of cool to cold water fish may disappear in some areas due to increased temperatures. Many fishery scientists are currently researching the issue, and their findings are being published in university journals as well as in mainstream magazines such as In-Fisherman.
Maybe that explains why In-Fisherman magazine is going down the tubes. They can hardly give that magazine away. Too much fluff and not enough hard core fishing information. They have been in a downward spiral ever since the Lindners sold it. That's a shame because it used to be an outstanding publication. When I let my subscription lapse one of the monthly articles was what wine and garnishments to have with your baked or steamed fish, and the descriptions of the photo shoot of the plate! Now, what are you guys going to do about this global warming? You presented the problem. Now give us the solutions. I mean some real fisherman solutions since you are determined to make this a fishing topic. And remember, no politics.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:22 PM
CATCHYOUREYE

Thumbs up Good Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Fisherman View Post
I completely agree with you and Water Wolf. This is an important topic that applies to fishing and may affect us all eventually by determining what species we fish for and where we fish. I have also seen many articles on this topic in respected journals. Many fishery scientists are researching what affects increased temperatures will have on fish populations and fishing in general. Most agree that if the warming trend continues, many species will be wiped out in places where they formerly thrived. I have seen some posts here by fishermen who seem to think that only stocked walleyes will be affected. According to many fishery scientists, naturally occurring populations may be affected as well. I would like to hear from some additional people concerning this topic.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Progressive Watchdog

Smile Still Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCHYOUREYE View Post
I completely agree with you and Water Wolf. This is an important topic that applies to fishing and may affect us all eventually by determining what species we fish for and where we fish. I have also seen many articles on this topic in respected journals. Many fishery scientists are researching what affects increased temperatures will have on fish populations and fishing in general. Most agree that if the warming trend continues, many species will be wiped out in places where they formerly thrived. I have seen some posts here by fishermen who seem to think that only stocked walleyes will be affected. According to many fishery scientists, naturally occurring populations may be affected as well. I would like to hear from some additional people concerning this topic.
Let's say that you are 100% correct, which I think you are not. The way you see it the problem has been identified. That's the easy part. Now, how about some solutions by the fisherman here on WC. Remember, political posts are not allowed.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 AM
WTF

Default Wtf

Wow!!! I think Progressive may need to increase his meds. Everything this guy says is off topic. Anybody else have something intelligent to say about the issue?
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Slot Fish

My walleye fishing in central Ohio reservoirs has gotten better over the past decade or so. Not sure why. Just assumed I was becoming a better fisherman.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Wow!!! I think Progressive may need to increase his meds. Everything this guy says is off topic. Anybody else have something intelligent to say about the issue?
Progressive is no more off topic than those who rant here promoting their agendas without credible evidence.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Concerned Fisherman

Default What agendas?

Anyone who sees an agenda in this thread must be paranoid. It's about a scientific issue applied to fish and fishing. That's all, no more, no less. I guess that some people have a need to believe that political messages are hidden between the lines in everything they hear. I can picture them sitting around with their secret decoders thinking: Ah ha, I figured out what these people are really saying and they're trying to ruin my life. You guys would be funny, if you weren't so sad.