Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Glendo ramp and fishing info - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-15-2009, 03:42 PM
newbietoWY

Default Glendo ramp and fishing info

recently just moved to Wyoming(Glenrock) and was hoping to gain some information on Glendo. What ramps are best to use and where are they located. Also any general fishing information will help. I have picked the brain of a man at the local sporting good store and was hoping for a little more before I head out. Man at the store said to use the Bennat Mt ramp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Bennet hill is a good ramp but you have to travel dirt road to get to it. I would put in at Reno or Whiskey Gulch if you want to keep your boat clean.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:45 PM
unlogged Seminoe

Default caked

Reno ramp is a long way on dirt, farther than Bennet Hill. Try Whisky Cove or the Marina. Both very good ramps to get to pn pavement. Reno does not have a dock in the water. The other ramps do. I have never seen a dock in the wtare at Reno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlogged Seminoe View Post
Reno ramp is a long way on dirt, farther than Bennet Hill. Try Whisky Cove or the Marina. Both very good ramps to get to pn pavement. Reno does not have a dock in the water. The other ramps do. I have never seen a dock in the wtare at Reno.

FWIW, there is almost no dirt road to Reno if you go in thru the same gate that goes to Whiskey gulch, just a little going down to the ramp. You are right about there not being a dock though.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Slot Fish

I'm heading to Glendo this Friday a.m., 5-01-09, for 3 days.

Anyone have any info on current conditions, water temps, reports?

Thanks for any replies.

Jeff
Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Minnow

Default I like the Marina boat ramp

The Marina boat ramp is the one i use .Out of the wind if you are by yourself and has great docks..Lots of folks around to chat with and talk a little fishin.ANd no dirt in your boat.......Thats the best part Oh and dont forget to stop at Curlys bait shop..They have a pretty good selection of tackle and pretty good minnows......again ya might run into somebody that will give ya a tip or 2.....Lots of nice folks at Glendo....Some of the Tourney guys like Mglaughlin and Rhinehart are around quite a bit and are always real freindly.... Sorry if i spelled your names wrong doods. LOL Next time im at Glendo Rhineheart im gonna have a Verado on a new 620,Then ill race ya......
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Slot Fish

Thanks WalleyeWild.

We'll be there at the marina at about 9:00 a.m. tomorrow a.m. I'll check out Curlys.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Old 05-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Minnow

Did you have any luck fishing?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Slot Fish

Fishing was pretty slow for 2 days. 1st time on Glendo. What a place. Great lake, water level appears to be just about full up.

We launched out of Whiskey Cove about 12:00 noon on Friday. Spent several hours crusing around and getting to know the lake a little bit.

Weather was cold, a little snow and rain, and wind, except in the afternoon when it got just about dead calm. 32 degrees to about 43 degrees air temps.

Water temps ranged from 45 degrees at Whiskey to 48.5 degrees at the mouth of Muddy Bay and into Red Canyon.

Fished Goose Island for a short time with no bites, then found a spot near Red Canyon that held quite a few fish. Started jigging with 1/8 oz. jigs and 3" Power Grubs and nailed a 25.5" er. Had several other bites with a couple more fish on and lost. Finally nailed a 2nd fish at 24". Left at 5:30 p.m. to head back and meet up with the rest of our group fishing near Whiskey.

Weather was the same the next morning, we all headed back to our spot, and the fish had moved out. Never caught a fish the whole day. Friend of mine had 1 on and lost, but that was about it. Talked to a few people at the ramp with similar results. Seemed like a tough day for many.

This may become my new favorite lake. Can't wait to get back up there, maybe in about 3 weeks. About a 4 hour drive from my house.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25.5 Inch Walleye Glendo Res..jpg
Views:	866
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1425   Click image for larger version

Name:	24 Inch Glendo Res. Walleye.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1426   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walleye Release Glendo Res. 25.5 Inch.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1427  
Old 05-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Minnow

Thumbs up Thanx Fishco

Hey Fishco thanx for the updates....Yah i like Glendo also....Lots of room even when it gets busy on the weekends.And it does get busy...WOW...