Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft Competitor 175 owners - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-01-2020, 07:53 AM
Slabdaddy

Default Alumacraft Competitor 175 owners

I have narrowed down my search for a new rig and a Competitor 175 sport has come out on top based on priced and preferred layout. I have never ridden in this boat and based on the amount of money I may end up spending after rigging, I do not want to have buyer’s remorse. I currently own a 2001 Lowe 165 which is not the smoothest riding boat in rougher water. This boat has a 78” beam and is 16 ft 5” long compared to the Alumacraft 95” beam and 17’ 8” length. I am hoping that the competitor is a relatively smooth and dry ride in choppy/rough water. While I do not plan on venturing out in 3-4 footers, I would like to be able to fish on breezier days where I am now somewhat limited in my smaller, less stable Lowe. We generally fish multispecies lakes 80 to 3,500 acres in size. Overall quality, ride comfort and stability are important since my wife and two sons would like to venture out more often. My current boat leans quite a bit when 2 or more passengers are on the same side and tends to rock badly due to port/starboard waves. Boat will be used for 85-90% fishing and 10-15% pulling a tube. I would like to hear unbiased feedback from owners or those who have ridden in this setup. I plan on pairing this with a Suzuki 140 and upgraded bunk trailer. Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement