Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fox River, Illinois - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 09-17-2003, 07:11 PM
BaSsNeYeS27

Default Fox River, Illinois

Has anyone on these boards fished the Fox River, in Illinois for 'eyes? I am kinda new to fishing the river out here and was wondering if anyone had anything i should try for catching me some nice eyes out of the river... Thanx in advance,

BaSsNeYeS27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Fuzzy

Default RE: Fox River, Illinois

Bassneya-

Check out chicagolandfishing.com - there is a fox river board there.
Most walleye fishing in the Fox is related to season migrations and
below dam areas. The dams below algonquin, carpertersville, elgin, south elgin, genvea and down all hold fair populations of walleye and other gamefish. get some good waders.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM
jgbgod

Default United States of Whatever

I've pulled many walleyes out of the fox river in McHenry. They are attracted to the bridge pilons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Wallhanger

Bass

Fuzzy (not me) gave you some good info. The Fox holds walleye, crappie, white bass, some pike and musky but is 'best' known for smallies and catfish. It is very popular amoungst locals who wade the small dams and some shoreline areas. My favs are C'ville and Algonguin areas.

It's a catch and release deal - I wouldn't eat many out of the Fox. Do some research and take a drive from Dam to Dam one Spring Saturday - you catch onto what locals do and where. Stop by in area baitshops and ask - you will learn much from them.

You can put a boat in certain areas but i really isn't worth it.