Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM Announces Lund and Mercury as new Marketing Partners. - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Wow

Default Please Read

Shep OLD Buddy,

I stated I've started and run three businesses. Please, before you feel you've scored a "zinger" read what is written.

However it was funny, but not what I wrote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

I expect you to answer my questions, CT.

You're all smoke and mirrors. You continually dodge those questions put to you.

What busineeses have you started? How long were they viable businesses? How much did you make while you ran them? Who were your investors? Who was your spokesman? Did you sell them? Who did you sell them to? For how much?

I expect you to name them. We can make informed opinions about you only if you answer all these questions, and more.

Oh yeah. As for the Winnie announcement? Exactly where was that posted here on WC? I can't find it. Please, you know it all. Please post the link. Help us all.

Last edited by Shep; 02-13-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow

Shep,

Who is CT? That isn't me.

You are making this personal. My concerns were with an organization who is trying to get folks to support them.

I do want them to do well. I however can't support a company I truly know nothing about. Just because a few press releases are out and some well-known anglers are involved doesn't mean its a viable business.

I stand by my concerns and questions.

If there was a real journalistic media site covering professional walleye fishing like BassFan covers bass fishing these questions would be raised and discussed, not shouted down with emotional outbursts.

Regardless, I'm not making this personal, its just business to me.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Wallhanger

Default not fair

This isn't a fair fight...AIM (and Shep) have reason, logic, facts and common sense on their side.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Slot Fish

Man this thread is getting old. I understand that anglers and look-y-loos want a few answers for their questions. But in my opinion I would rather that AIM take their time and get things done right from the get-go instead of get half way through the season and have problems meeting the specs layed out before the season. I for one can't wait to see all of the details and hope they succeed to the highest levels. I appreciate all of the comments from the pros, investors, and members with a vested interest in the new circuit. I hope Gary and some of the other fellas will not be discouraged from from posting their insight here in the future. As a fan of the sport I look forward to another exciting circuit to keep track of. Like many have said, building a business is tough. So why wouldn't we support them. They will run into some bumps in the road but they deserve the chance to adjust and keep on keeping on. Just look at some of the pioneers of the walleye fishing world and how they started. John Peterson of Northland tackle started out selling a few twister tails out of the back of a station wagon. Berkley Bedell started out selling a few leaders to some small hardware stores. Look what they have created. They deserve credit for their visions and hard work as do the founders of AIM.

Jason Erlandson

Last edited by Jason Erlandson; 02-13-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:36 AM
KTurner UL

Default Why all the logic?

Come on folks, logic is no longer allowed in this country. Heck we have people handing out billions of dollars that can't even manage their own million dollar budgets. (not sure why budgets are even drafted up anymore. Seems this time of year all we hear is how over budget they are... Why did you bother to even draft one????)

Ok, now that I got that off my shoulders I think it's great that AIM is getting all this attention.....

To me that only solidifies the need for something new.... If AIM wasn't creating all this stir then I'd be afraid that it's more of the same old, same old......

Rock on you bad boy AIM guys..... Hope you go to Lake of the Woods someday.... Would be fun to see if the 5 best fish could rival Erie.... Spring run, Fall run or summer on the rock reefs could be interesting...... (I know, I know, there are MORE big 'eyes in Erie but trust me, LOTW's has a few big girls as well....)

Winni? Should be fun to see what those "structure" experts can weigh.......