Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Erie Ice - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Default Erie Ice

I didn't make it out today, I know the crack out from Catawba started to open up a bit yesterday, can anyone report(that was out today) on it's progress, Were you able to get out.(Most likely) You can report how you did but if you went out I probably know how you did. Also for anyone else, I'm just curious but all the fish I've cleaned so far have been males, really surprised me considering the size and all. Anybody??
Planning on being out again in the morning or at least Weds. morning and the weekend if not all.. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Papascott

Default RE: Erie Ice

As of yesterday afternoon the pucker facter was as good as it has been for me this year. Sat. there was a large chunck broken off the westside of 911 during the day and seemed to be bobbing as we went across yesterday. As far as fish we got almost all females, prolly 18 out of 20. And were by far our biggest average of the year, with 3 at 10#, 2 at 11# and one at 12# plus. It was also funny as it was the first time we had any fish that were under sized at all with prolly 6 throw backs.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Keeper

Hey Brion, We fished out of Camp Perry yesterday .The ice was very good out that way with no cracks at all.Fished 6.7 miles out.My buddies and I ended up with 9 with one going 9.5lbs. We did see many fish that were caught around us that were well over 10 lbs including one that was a whopping 15.4lbs and 34.5 inches long.The ice where we fished was 18 plus inches .
Capt`n Dwayne
WalleyeWiz Guide Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Charter Member

If anybody has numbers I would be interested in knowing the span of where fish are being caught. You can Email them to me Bcombs3@woh.rr.com If your going to be at them I may join you if you wish or you can join me. Thanks
Old 03-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Tim Calvert

Hay Brian we need to get a life! Fishings been really super. Glad to see your doiing well. 419-732-8873
Old 03-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Heck as I was sitting out there cacthing all those big pigs I thought this was THE LIFE.LOL --Thanks Tim I have your number, I'll give ya a buzz sometime.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:59 AM
SCOTTYBOY

Hey guys I was just wondering if there is any reports from yesterday 3/5 on ice conditions and/or fishing. I'm still planning on making the trip Fri. morning. How is the DNR down there about ATVs? Up here in Michigan they have been really stiff this year, ticketing guys for riding double, no helmet and no ORV sticker any info would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Hay Wiz

:) do you have a gps waypoint for that honey hole? wanna share? :)
Old 03-07-2003, 01:40 PM
rjc

Are you aware of anyone who is providing transportation in and out of cat. I and three other guys are planning on comming out for three or four days this week starting Sunday?
Old 03-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Slot Fish

rjc you better look at the weather for this comong week it doesnt look condusive to holding good ice,,,,nwsfo cleveland ohio-marine weather this will tell you lake erie weather and conditions