Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
No-Ethanol Gasoline in Wisconsin - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: No-Ethanol Gasoline in Wisconsin

My "ancient" '91 ProV actually has a sticker on it advising not to use any ethanol due to the fuel lines - etc.

I do - hope there is no problem - but would hate to change all the hoses - especially the fill hose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 PM
KornyIdea

Default RE: Many BP stations advertising No-Ethanol Gasoline

Seems like more and more BP stations around WI are blatantly advertising thet their gasoline contains NO ETHANOL! Kudos to BP for giving consumers a choice!
Old 08-26-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Good article for Boaters to read

Seems ethanol may be causing problems for boaters. Don't believe everything you hear from the the farm/ethanol lobby.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=488180

BTW, I found another BP station that sells pure gas in WI. It is on Hwy 12 in Cambridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2006, 11:15 AM
rspahr UL

Another good article for boaters to read. Can you say phase separation. This one goes into the details of what to do if you HAVE TO USE ethanol fuels.

http://www.saltwatersportsman.com/sa...225630,00.html

Old 08-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Holds a bunch of water

Another challenge presented by E10 fuel is its relationship with water. E10 can hold up to four teaspoons of water in suspension per gallon. Once this saturation point is exceeded, the solution separates and the gas floats on top while the ethanol and water mix on the bottom, where your fuel-system pickup invariably sits. This is called "phase separation," and when it occurs, the fuel should be drained and replaced.

Old 08-27-2006, 02:34 PM
pepe

bp is doing you a favor, my foot. from what i understand from checking with google search, the president has put a stop to having the oil companies putting ethonal in the gas. can you imagine giving the oil companies the sole dealership to mix and sale the ethonal blended fuel mixture. that happens to be their compeditor. they dont want ethonal to succeed. the oil lobby has been spending billions to keep all compeditors squashed. and now you deliver their latest compeditor,ethonal, into their hands. of course the e-85 is going to sell for as much as reg. gas. do you really think that they are going to give it a legitamate try. pepe....
Old 08-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

The 10% ethanol gasoline has less energy like REW says in point 4.

If your mileage goes down then they should be charging ten to fifteen cents less a gallon for you to get the same value in MPG.

For this reason, I will put a little in in the winter to help with water like in the old "Heat" days but until they get back to reasonable pricing I'm buying the straight stuff.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
ttech

Come to Sheboygan. All we have is high priced gasoline! No ethanol to be found. I wish we had some.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Charter Member

Because gas with 10% ethanol provides 3% less mileage, you should be paying 10 cents less a gallon but usually it is only 3 cents. Be happy the decision is made for you.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 AM
AnnaM

Default Ethanol Free Gas Stations in Wisconsin

Here is my alphabetical list of Gas Stations in Wisconsin that do
sell Gas without Ethanol mixed in:
http://www.molonyrealestate.com/Etha...Wisconsin.html

This is a pretty good list, we need listings for Manitowoc,Milwaukee,
Osaukee, Sheboygan, Washington, & Waukesha Counties, if you know any let me know!
Thanks!
AnnaM