Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Enclosed Boat Trailer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 01-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Chris Platt

Default Enclosed Boat Trailer

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me locate a manufacturer of enclosed boat trailers. I am looking at getting a new Triton 205, and would like to transport,store and launch this boat from an enclosed trailer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2002, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Enclosed Boat Trailer

I know he is from somewhere in Iowa. Sorry I can't be of more help, but at least you have it narrowed down to 1 state out of 50.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:17 AM

i haven't talked to dale dykes in quite awhile, but his buddy roger(there both in iowa) (can't remember his last name) who also used to fish the PWT builds those trailers. anyways, dale's e-mail used to be ddykes@netins.net. not sure that's still a valid address.
hope that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Jay

The enclosed trailers were made by Roger Gathman in Hartley, Iowa. His number is 712-728-3202. He and Dale Dykes used them on the PWT for several years.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:36 PM
MuskyHunt'r

Anyone know if I could get a enclosed trailer for a 14ft'r? If anyone has any pictures, and info. on these please email me as soon as possible. Email me at jwalters@motion.net. I'd really appreciate it. Thanx alot.
Old 01-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Slot Fish

I have been developing an enclosed boat trailer that takes care of some of the problems of the older models. It allows for complete loading and unloading of the boat on land as well as on the water. This allows for cleaning, servicing, and just fooling around with the boat and motor. It allows for complete security of your boat and all gear. I have a patent pending on the trailer, and hope to complete the patent process this spring. At first I thought that the trailer would have to be limited to boats narrower than 90". It now appears that we can make some modifications that will allow for boats probably up to 96" Completion of a prototype will determine the max. width. At this time, it appears the trailer will cost between $8000 and $8500. It will be a multi use trailer, it can be used to transport a car, boat, motorcyle, snowmobiles, etc.
If you would be interested please e-mail me at tommarum@midrivers.com
Old 01-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Slot Fish

I have been receiving a large number of e-mails on this product. It will be a few months before completion of the prototype due to the fact that I have a day job. I will post updates on this board when I can. I will also be responding to all e-mails. Please be patient.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Earl

Is this the trailer with folding top and sides?
Old 01-26-2002, 11:20 AM
Ed Jr.

Let's bring this up again. I would like more info. from anyone that has used or seen an enclosed trailer
Old 01-26-2002, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

I was an amateur partner to Roger Gathman at Oahe in 97 and looked his trailer over real well. I asked him then how much and it was about $7,000 I think. The trailer was lighted inside and had outlets for tools etc. He had extra rods and stuff hanging on the walls. Besides the rear doors there was access at the front left of the trailer. You could drive the boat in and just sit in the boat while his wife drove it out. He would just winterize in the fall and park it.
Roger and his buddy Dale Dykes fished the PWT but I haven't heard anything about them in a while. I think he owned a machine shop but I don't remember where he lived in Iowa. Maybe In-Fisherman could help you out, 218-829-0620. Ask for Jim Kalkofen. Good Luck.
Dale Frank #251