Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I Went To Wrigley And A Hockey Game Broke Out! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Wallhanger

Default I Went To Wrigley And A Hockey Game Broke Out!

What a great way to bring in the New Year! The outcome was not for what I was hoping for but it was an amazing site. 41,000 singing the Canadian anthem and the same cheering for the U.S. anthem. Fans cheering their teams and jeering each other. Weather was a perfect 30 degrees with the wind blowing straight out to left.

It brought back some good memories of going to Hanson Park early on Saturday and Sunday mornings and playing in pick-up games until dark.

Hope everyone had a good a start to the new year as I did and may it continue for all of us.

Nimstug

“When they first mentioned it to me, it sounded like something somebody thought up after too many beers. But you know what? It was a d**n-near perfect place to put down a hockey game.” Billy Williams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Keeper

the hawks look great for the future....but they are not in the same league as detroit...
Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Footdoc 53

So tell me wiseone, who is in the same league as Detroit?! Detroit can be beat. With the exception of the 4-0 game, the hawks were in the other games. Couldn't agree more about the continuous quality Detroit offers and look forward to the hawks improving as well. I got this sick feeling today as the game ended that next year, Marty Havlat will be skating for Detroit. He is a free agent after this year and I could see Detroit picking him up to add to their international flavor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

nice!!!

I taped it since the MSU game was on at the same time. I did not want to flip back and forth between them.

looked like a great time

the score was nice too

at least we can do something right in Detroit!

;

Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Anybody find it odd that Honda donated a SUV to a charity in Detroit after the game. I'm not bashing Honda, I think it is a great gesture but the big three should be able to handle Detroit. I'm assuming Honda was the major sponsor so it's understandable that they would make a donation like this. Just seems that it would have looked better had the vehicle gone to Chicago instead of Detroit.

Yes, I do know that the donation was made to the city of the winning team. Just seems strange is all.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Charter Member

Default A Classic

What a great time we had (SEC138 Row 15). Hats off to the NHL, Wirtz and the rest for putting on an awesome day. Wrigley never looked so good. Disapointed that the Hawks got beat, sure, but what a great time for those fans that came all the way from Michigan. I met a lot of nice guys and families wearing Red Wings gear. Even as a lifelong Hawks fan who joind in a few chants, I treated those I met with respect and was given the same in return.

I also enjoyed watching those who dressed for a baseball game. No clue how to stay warm.

We are not in the elite level yet but Hawks hockey is back. Looking forward to some Stanley Cup playoff action for some time to come.

"Every time I put my line in the water I said a Hail Mary, and every time I said a Hail Mary I caught a fish": Fredo Corleone
Old 01-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Charter Member

its great seeing the Hawks back in the fold. Brings back memories of Makita, Espo, Hull and the rest. Hope they do well.

as far a the Honda comment, thats fine, the big 3 dont need to advertise all they do for the region. All Honda is doing it for is PR

Old 01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

tuned in to watch an ex UNDer Jon Toewes. He's got a younger brother playing at UND now. Doesn't appear the same caliber as JT yet but who knows, time will tell.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
KTurner UL

Default USA Jr team

Dang, taped the USA world jr team and wish I would have caught this game. US ran into a HOT goalie and you know what that spells in a one game takes all..... US just couldn't get 'r done today. Good luck to the other teams. Tavares from CAN looks like the bomb. Should be fun to see where his talent takes him,,,,,,,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristorapper View Post
tuned in to watch an ex UNDer Jon Toewes. He's got a younger brother playing at UND now. Doesn't appear the same caliber as JT yet but who knows, time will tell.