Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Captains License - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Captains License

>The initial inspection of my boat was around $250 in
>Michigan. In addition to the TWIC this year you'll have to
>get your boat federally documented if its above around 24
>feet(don't remember cost). You will have to get a physical
>and drug screening from a designated site for about another
>$120 and you'll need to be enlisted in a random drug screening
>program each year.
>
>I figured out a way to get one million dollars being a charter
>captain.
>
>Start with 2 million.

Not sure where you get your info. Cant comment on fed documentation I am under 24'but the physical, drug testing and random drug testing is already in place. Family physician can do physical, drug test must be certified lab and both of these are just start up before receiving your license as well as renewing your license every 5 years. The random drug test program should be very simple. I belong to the Eastern Lake Erie Charter Boat Association which enrolls all members in the program. There are many charter boat associations that offer this service if you don't have one close I will put you in contact with our association.

Come fish with me!
https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdire...e.php?ckey=141
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Wallhanger

According to the Coast Guard officer that adressed us it won't matter if you run a 30+ footer, or a Kayak, if your close to the boarder be prepared to be boarded, and you better have all your credentials ON you. There are 15 additional officers in the Western Basin of Lake Erie alone strictly for enforcement of these new rules. Nakita Kruchef would have been proud. Charter Commrad HMMM interesting sound huh?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

In the seven years that I taught classes I had hundreds of graduates that went through to get their boats inspected and NOT ONE ever had to get their vessel documented. That is a federal registration that takes the place of your various state registrations, you do not need both. What you may be discussing is the state mandated inspections for all vessels for hire. Those are quite strict, and in the case of Michigan will be going from state run to the private sector as of 2009. One more thing for you michigan guys to get ready for if your inspection expires next season.