Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
No-Ethanol Gasoline in Wisconsin - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaM View Post
Here is my alphabetical list of Gas Stations in Wisconsin that do
sell Gas without Ethanol mixed in:
http://www.molonyrealestate.com/Etha...Wisconsin.html

This is a pretty good list, we need listings for Manitowoc,Milwaukee,
Osaukee, Sheboygan, Washington, & Waukesha Counties, if you know any let me know!
Thanks!
AnnaM

AnnaM, thank you for that list!! I had been told that ALL of Wisconsin was 10% ethanol as of 3 years ago. Apparently that is not correct.

I don't think you will find ANY non-ethanol stations in Milwaukee county. That area is part of pollution control edicts from the Feds and ethanol is forced on people in that area. Most of Waukesha county is ethanol now too, because they get their gas from area distributors who don't want to mess with both ethanol and non-ethanol gas. The distributors have forced many stations which don't have to follow the Fed edict to accept ethonal anyway.

We used to have a non-ethanol station in East Troy and I used to go there to get gas for my small engines, but they succumbed to the distributors' will about 3 years ago and are now ethanol.

I sure hope there are a few stations in Waukesha county which are non-ethanol. I will be one of their customers as often as I can!!

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big." Erica Jong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Charter Member

My 2 vehicles get 10% less mileage with ethanol. Doing some simple math, I use the same amount of real gas whether I use regular gas or ethanol; therefore, my logic is that the alcohol provides no benefit in terms of mileage. As for the pollution factor, it seems reasonable that all of the pollution associated with producing the alcohol must be factored in.

Because I don't like getting less mileage, in my truck, van, or outboard, and also do not like filling up the tank more often (still using the same amount of real gas for the miles obtained) I do not use ethanol.

Bill Krejca
Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Keeper

I've always used whatever gas is at the nearest station and never a problem in a Force, of all things, for 20 years.

However, to each his own. In Middleton, WI, Middleton Farmers Coop has no ethanol gas.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Wallhanger

fleet farms carry crapenol free gas......
Old 07-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

Fort Atkinson-Citgo on the west side,Shell on the south side. Jefferson-Shell on the south side. Johnson Creek Shell at Pine Cone Hys 94/26. I have never burned ethenol in any small engine or boat since it became available. I never had a fuel related problem before so I'm sticking to the "If it isn't broke don't fix it" state of mind. All stations as of 7/27/10

Last edited by peter8; 07-30-2010 at 08:26 AM. Reason: add dates
Old 07-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Labs View Post
AnnaM, thank you for that list!! I had been told that ALL of Wisconsin was 10% ethanol as of 3 years ago. Apparently that is not correct.

I don't think you will find ANY non-ethanol stations in Milwaukee county. That area is part of pollution control edicts from the Feds and ethanol is forced on people in that area. Most of Waukesha county is ethanol now too, because they get their gas from area distributors who don't want to mess with both ethanol and non-ethanol gas. The distributors have forced many stations which don't have to follow the Fed edict to accept ethonal anyway.

We used to have a non-ethanol station in East Troy and I used to go there to get gas for my small engines, but they succumbed to the distributors' will about 3 years ago and are now ethanol.

I sure hope there are a few stations in Waukesha county which are non-ethanol. I will be one of their customers as often as I can!!
I would not trust that list. Probably years outdated. I checked it, saw some stations I have been to that have not sold ethanol free for several years now,including one in Columbia county that though it says it is Citgo,has been a BP for years and even when it was Citgo,had not sold E free probably since the 90s.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Keeper

Default Ethanol free gas

Most Kwik Trip stations in my area, central Wisconsin, carry ethanol free gas. It says on the pump handle for small engines and recreational motors. I use it in all my small engines and both outboards for two reasons. 1) my boat dealer suggets using ethanol free gas 2) my small engine mechanic suggests using ethanol free gas. Both said exactly the same thing, they see a lot of fuel related problems for ethanol fuel. I also think back 20 years and it was never suggested or required that you put in a fuel/water separator. That seems to be related to the fuels with ethanol. I'm no expert but so far burning ethanol free fuels in my small engines has worked. Between my small engines, ATV, boat motors etc I probably burn 150 gallons of fuel per year. At $.10 more per gallon I'l buy two less crankbaits per and hopefully save a trip to the repair shop.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Minnow

I have posted a link to an article on the BBC forum regarding the issue of ethanol containing fuel attacking the lining of fuel lines. You can review any of the engine forums and you will note some of the concerns regarding ethanol.

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?...mer-bulb-first
Old 07-31-2010, 05:41 AM
Slot Fish

Shell Lake, WI. BP Station. Across the street from the campground and boat launch. Nice place to fill if you are heading 'up north' from the TC's. It's a small station that would work best if you can avoid a busy time. Hard to manuver in the small parking lot.
D