Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Truth and Sponsorship - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Fishy69

FISH EATER. If you had a clue and did alittle research on google of Tommy Harris you would learn that he owns his own stamping company in Canada. The blades start tree then either of to a player or powder painter. Then harris does the rest. So quit being a bashed. That is why most pros left this site years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Keeper

Hey Fishy.... Then where do most pros go? Just curious.......
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

[quote=680 AMERICAN DREAM;1345175]Hey Fishy.... Then where do most pros go? Just curious.......[/quote]

LOL........here. Don't let him fool you. They all watch WC, they just don't like to post. You need a thick skin for that around here, when you're in that line of work. You guys can be brutal at times. :p

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 10:36 AM
No Name This Time

Default Yeeaahhuupp!

[QUOTE=Juls;1345192]LOL........here. Don't let him fool you. They all watch WC, they just don't like to post. You need a thick skin for that around here, when you're in that line of work. You guys can be brutal at times. :p

Juls[/QUOTE]

Which is why the cloak of relative anonymity is needed here on W/C. Very few professionals would combine their personal opinions with their buisness image in any occupation..
Old 08-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Wallhanger

I tend to believe nothing out of a sponsored Pro's mouth when all they advise is their sponsors product, especially when it changes as they are sponsored by another product.

I agree it'd be suicide for them to recommend someone else's product, so I tend to listen to how they fished versus with what name brand product they used.

So imho is there truth with sponsored Pro's?
Yes, to a point.

Al
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Wallhanger

Honestly.......Does this really surprise anybody? Fisherman are some of the best liars out there.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Honesty

There is a huge difference between telling a fable and being deceptive.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:05 AM
Wallhanger

Default Comment

One high profile "professional angler" does it this way. For example: I caught my fish using deep running crankbaits, ones with alot of noise and brighly colored, tipped witha piece of crawler. I happen to like the XYZ crankbaits but there are a number of other crankbaits that can do equally as well, as long as they have bright colors, make noise and can run at 40'. What I like here is sharing the method, the type of bait and brand reccomendation not restricted to the one they sponsor. I find it more believeable. What do you think.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Fish Eater

[QUOTE=Gary Korsgaden;1345457]One high profile "professional angler" does it this way. For example: I caught my fish using deep running crankbaits, ones with alot of noise and brighly colored, tipped witha piece of crawler. I happen to like the XYZ crankbaits but there are a number of other crankbaits that can do equally as well, as long as they have bright colors, make noise and can run at 40'. What I like here is sharing the method, the type of bait and brand reccomendation not restricted to the one they sponsor. I find it more believeable. What do you think.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 AM
Wallhanger

[quote=Gary Korsgaden;1345457]One high profile "professional angler" does it this way. For example: I caught my fish using deep running crankbaits, ones with alot of noise and brighly colored, tipped witha piece of crawler. I happen to like the XYZ crankbaits but there are a number of other crankbaits that can do equally as well, as long as they have bright colors, make noise and can run at 40'. What I like here is sharing the method, the type of bait and brand reccomendation not restricted to the one they sponsor. I find it more believeable. What do you think.[/quote]

Yup, I expect pros to push their products, I don't expect them to have caught a fish on one bait and say they used another.

Worded like what you posted Gary would work fine imho

al