Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What are YOUR favorite top 5 Aluminum deep V boat brands? - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

You can't go wrong with a Lund or Alumacraft. I don't have much experience with any others except Tracker. Although I never had any bad experiences with my tracker it would be a huge step down from your alumacraft. If I were going to buy one I would make sure you have a good supporting dealership, and make my decision contingent on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Keeper

I have had my Lowe 18" deep-v for 12 years and love it. Been looking at the new boats at all the shows and for the prices on them it makes my Lowe look really good. Adding a Minn Kota Ulterra for ease and safety in those 3-4 footers.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Wallhanger

In order to have had any specific boat on a list like that, would have had to have owned that boat. I have owned 8 different boats, but only TWO became favorites. I tend to keep the ones I really like, a really long time. The FAVORITES resulted in multiple purchases of that brand through the years.

Lund
Alumacraft

The rest were NOT my favorites.

The only "favorite" boat out of others that I rode in , but did not own, was a Ranger. (Yeah, I know not aluminum)
Old 03-20-2017, 02:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalEnergy View Post
Any love for the MirroCraft 1845 Dual Impact?
I have the Aggressor Pro X 1863. I chose it over the Dual Impact because I didnt like the flip down back seat. Just a preference. Also, this model had a front live well option too. I then bought a barefoot international pylon and made it a fish & ski. I love the boat.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetster1 View Post
x2 for what whofan said.They make a great trolling layout.fishmaster 196.
Love my FM 196...14 seasons on Lake Erie and going strong
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM
Minnow

I really like my FM 196 2014 model with a 150 merc 4s. The boat handles very good on Erie and plenty of room for trolling.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Lund
Alumacraft

One thing I learned from Walleye Central is most of you guys love Lund and Alumcraft. So if someone who is new to Walleye Central and was looking for their first boat they couldn't go wrong with Lund and Alumacraft. Maybe it's the fact that there are a lot of dealers, good service, good warranties, lots of model choices, and good resale value.
My first tin boat was a Mirrocraft which I had for 23 years. You couldn't destroy that boat.
My second tin boat was a Princecraft which I had for 13 years, and it gave fantastic service.
My current tin boat is a Starcraft Fishmaster 196 which I bought new a little over 1 year ago. Only time will tell how well it will hold up.
Because my boats are used in Miami Beach my boats see more use that boats in the Mid West. I run my boats 12 months a year.
REW would love it here, because 99.9% of all the boats in Miami Beach are glass boats.
Miami Vice
Old 03-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
Lund
Alumacraft

One thing I learned from Walleye Central is most of you guys love Lund and Alumcraft. So if someone who is new to Walleye Central and was looking for their first boat they couldn't go wrong with Lund and Alumacraft. Maybe it's the fact that there are a lot of dealers, good service, good warranties, lots of model choices, and good resale value.
My first tin boat was a Mirrocraft which I had for 23 years. You couldn't destroy that boat.
My second tin boat was a Princecraft which I had for 13 years, and it gave fantastic service.
My current tin boat is a Starcraft Fishmaster 196 which I bought new a little over 1 year ago. Only time will tell how well it will hold up.
Because my boats are used in Miami Beach my boats see more use that boats in the Mid West. I run my boats 12 months a year.
REW would love it here, because 99.9% of all the boats in Miami Beach are glass boats.
Miami Vice
I don't believe Miami is ready for REW
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 04-03-2017, 05:30 PM
Minnow

Default Kingfisher 2025 Flex tiller

1. KingFisher Flex 2025 Deep V tiller
2. Lund Pro-V Deep V tiller
3. Alumacraft Competitor 205 Deep V tiller

The KingFisher gets my vote...closest ride to glass...add a 250 Verado and have the best riding fastest tiller on the lake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	251490   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0260.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	251498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	251506  

Last edited by NascarManiac; 04-03-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Slot Fish

Stopped in and looked at Lunds today, even though I have already bought an Alumacraft that I get this Saturday morning. Yeah, I know...it's a little backward but I really wanted to see them and I had some time.

VERY nice boats, definitely nothing bad to say about them. The comparable Lund to the Alumacraft I bought was a bit more money but it did have some good appointments. The sales guy was a real good guy, I told him I was kind of comparing and he made no ill mention of the Alumacraft brand, but rather stayed professional and pointed out the strong points and features of the Lund.

All of the Lunds on the floor were rigged with Merc's, but he said rigging any of them up a new Yamaha wouldn't be an issue, just a $1000 up-charge.

All in all, great boats. I'd feel good owning one, and I also feel good about the choice I made. I certainly will look again at the Lund line up when it's time for the next one.

LM