Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 619 vs Lund 1900 ProV - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Minnow

Default Ranger 619 vs Lund 1900 ProV

I am planning on upgrading to a 19 foot boat in the near future. Can anyone tell me the major differences between the two boats. I'm currently in an 18 foot provSE.

I mostly fish lakes from 3,000 acres to 30,000 acres. I cast and troll shallow, run cranks and spinners along precise weed edges, troll open water, rig precise structure in the deep, troll open water basins.

Hoping someone who has owned both can comment on how each one sticks to the water during a blow while trolling a precise course and how the ride is in each one during a decent blow? Any other comments about storage, etc welcome.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Wallhanger

Since your looking at the Ranger 619 which is glass, have you thought about the Lund 197 ProV GL?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Minnow

My perception may be incorrect, but I feel Ranger is more seasoned when it comes to glass....maybe skeeter as well?

Just wondering if there is a huge difference in the ride and troll control in 3-5 footers in a good 19ft glass vs 1900 prov hull?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walloeyes View Post
My perception may be incorrect, but I feel Ranger is more seasoned when it comes to glass....maybe skeeter as well?

Just wondering if there is a huge difference in the ride and troll control in 3-5 footers in a good 19ft glass vs 1900 prov hull?

Yep. If you back troll for your precision trolling the 619 is not the greatest boat for back trolling. It will work but not as well as the prov with Wackers. I think the Ranger is by far the superior of the two rigs. The Ranger is going to sit still in the water while the prov drifts by. Seen it many times on the Missouri River while drifting. Lund Fisherman or Tyee with Two drift socks out, Prov with one sock out and my ranger no sock. They where all still blowing by me. Forward trolling is far superior in the ranger. I like the storage in the Ranger but many like the open layout of the ProV. As long as you brought Skeeter up I will say that this is the compromise of the difference between boat stiles and still get the glass ride. They do sit a little higher in the water as well but backtroll much better than a Ranger. My 2 cents.

Bill
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Wallhanger

That is a great quetion on two very different boats. I have not owned a 19' Pro-v but have fished in several 19 and 20' Pro-V's. I just sold my Ranger 619.

You won't find a boat that tracks and drifts better than a Ranger. Period. The ride on the Ranger will be signifigantly better in rough seas. There is ample storage and everyting is top notch as far as fit, trim, and quality on the 619.

With that said, there isn't a better boat layout for my style fishing than a Lund Pro-V. I love it! I like where the livewells are, how the storage is laid out, battery storage, rod lockers... everything about them, is nearly the way I want them the first time.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

If you are looking for a new boat, check this one.
http://www.yarcraft.com/ProductGallery.asp?pid=5

Tough to find anything wrong with this boat, from running clean and dry in really big heavy duty weather to perfect tracking and drifting on a slow fish.

Take care
REW
Old 02-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Wallhanger

Check out the new Starcrafts. They are really neat, and a heck of a lot cheaper than a ranger.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Wallhanger

But still not a Ranger.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Minnow

Thanks all, I'm 95% leaning towards glass. Sure a lot of days you don't need it...but it never fails when I hit the lake the wind will be whippin'

Will definately research skeeter dealers close to me...have a great dealer, great reputation who sells rangers 20 minutes away.

thanks again