Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
AIM Announces Lund and Mercury as new Marketing Partners. - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt J. Kainz View Post
WOW, Guest, Fiddlestyx, whoever and whatever you are...
you are the reason it is sometimes so PAINFUL to visit this, what should be, very informational web site. I am deeply sorry that you are so misguided and dillusional. But who I am most sorry for is the MWC. For that fact that if a preson such as you is really fishing those fine events...you will be a vital part of destoying that trail and it's fine reputation. I guarantee they don't want you and neither do any of the boat, motor and tackle companies. Please, do everyone a favor and stay home.

Take care and good luck.
They are NOT the same person, so don't assume they are. They have posted their thoughts and expressed them in a civil manner. So what if they are anonymous.
Unfortunately we can't say the same about you. Your attack was uncalled for. Is your name really Kurt? Who really knows? You didn't log in....get it?

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

Default Congrats to you and AIM

Gary,

Congrats to you and AIM!

I look forward to hearing more about the exciting developments. You have always presented yourself in a very truthful and professional manner. You are to commended for your honesty and thick skin when dealing with the naysayers and doubting Thomas'. Don't let them get you down. It is apparent that they have different agendas and regardless of what you say or print there will always be criticism from them.

Keep up the great work. Our industry will continue to grow with your leadership and the foresight of AIM.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Silly question for some of you, if you are not fishing nor have any interest in fishing or have an financial investment in AIM, why do you have such axe to grind with AIM? Good grief, let AIM get up and going!

I look forward to fishing AIM as co.

So if you wish to bash it post your name or

Kirt Hedquist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
They are NOT the same person, so don't assume they are. They have posted their thoughts and expressed them in a civil manner. So what if they are anonymous.
Unfortunately we can't say the same about you. Your attack was uncalled for. Is your name really Kurt? Who really knows? You didn't log in....get it?

Juls
I for one hope he is real, i just sent a check to him, for something he was selling on another site .

Last edited by tbomn; 02-08-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620 View Post
I for one hope he is real, i just sent a check to him, for something he was selling on another site.
Shirts? What shirts? Hahahahahaha!

Last edited by Hot Runr Guy; 02-08-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Wow,
AIM is not about contingency money from fishing companies. Contingency money is an agreement between an angler and the company who's product they choose to buy. Lund and Mercury may offer this to their anglers. I don't know and it is really not the responsibility of AIM to advertise this in the form of an addition to the purse. You want to know if these sponsorships are meaningful sponsorships or just some form of web presense, etc. I really do not understand the scope or reasoning of your question. Are they like other sponsors for BASS or FLW? Heck I don't know... I have no idea what those companies pay those organizations and unless you are working for one of them, neither do you. I really don't need to know the exact dollars to know that they are great organizations and have good circuits. The Lund sponsorship and Mercury sponsorship are meaningful sponsorships to AIM. Unlike the other sponsorships that you've mentioned, they have no exclusivity... if another company wants to come on board in their category, they can, in fact both companies hope they do. They believe enough in their own products to provide meaningful sponsorship (with no exclusivity) to help grow a circuit that they believe will help with an ailing sport, a sport that effects their business. I'd give them major thumbs up for being the first to come on board with the full knowledge that others may follow at the same level of sponsorship. The AIM Business model is unlike anything before. Sponsorships are designed for this model, not others. It's a new style of business, a new style of tournaments and maybe the decision to fish AIM may not be for everyone. If you like the idea, fish it, call other companies, tell them to get on board, call Lund and Mercury and thank them. If you don't like the idea, don't fish the circuit. It's pretty simple.

In addition, all companies that sponsor AIM will get web coverage and site coverage with banners, etc. That's how sponsorships work. If an angler who is not sponsored by the AIM sponsors does well, he/she will get the credit along with their own sponsors. That is of great benefit to the Anglers that are trying to make part of their living in this sport. Unlike many tournament circuits, AIM is not a one way street just for sponsoring companies. Personally my hat is off to Mercury and Lund for having the guts to be the first to sponsor this Catch, Record, Release format in a non exclusive way to help get excitement back into walleye tournaments again. I can't wait to fish the events we have this year. Every one of them will rock with excitement. And Wow, that's all I have to say on the sponsorship portion of this subject. I'm not sure I've answered to your satisfaction, but it is what it is. As other companies come on board however, we will continue to announce. Thanks for your questions and to all that are liking the AIM approach, thank you.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
fiddlestyx

Mr Parsons,

Although I do not post my name does it give less value to the points that I bring up and how I bring them up??? Have I called you or anyone out? No. Will I? No. I respect what you have done for yourself and family in the industry and applaud that. I also compete, and have good sponsors. We all hope to improve the sport we love. I however may have a different view that I feel may or may not be inline with my sponsor's views on some topics and therefore want to keep anonymous, but yet still keep the readers of this site informed from maybe a different viewpoint. Do I post here with my name? Yes I do. In regards to this topic? I will not.

Do I not post with questions regarding elements of press releases, statements you have made, or others involved with AIM have made, so as to let people make up their own mind and form their own opinion based on my (yours and other's) knowledge of the industry as you have from your group's knowledge in the building of the AIM circuit??

Also cutting down a circuit at every opportunity? If I pose questions regarding a format, process or methodology that is not in the same view as yourself, or AIM, am I then cutting it down?
My comments regarding the combination of Mercury and Lund was made so people understand that because Lund is a sponsor, Mercury would have to be associated in some way (following the Brunwick business strategy).

As I have stated before, do I feel a need for 2 circuits in the walleye realm? Yes. In this business environment? NO. Take the time to get the sponsors, make the right decisions to have full fields, and the interest that could be possible in better conditions.

Will having 2 circuits now hurt the sport, thin all fields, create disillusionment among the investors as well as potential sponsors? Let the anglers tell us, the anglers that might want to fish full fields and good payouts. The industry is not in a growth period, but severe decline. Can we expect in these conditions, sponsors to fall in line with AIM with no history of ROI?
Can we expect that if AIM doesn't exist in 2 yrs that if another group tries to start a circuit, that they will succeed after the PWT and AIM both had difficulties?

Folks, I want long term growth in this industry, I have no personal agenda other than me being a competitive person and wanting to fish full fields and have full payouts. I believe we all want that (tourney people that is). I want people to see what could be happening now, what might happen soon, and how it can effect everyone.

Have fun with the post and I look forward to the jousting.

Peace Love
Peace Love

Last edited by Juls; 02-08-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Just fixing the punctuation....making it easier to read. :)
Old 02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Wallhanger

Default Remarkable, aye?

The #1 US/Canada aluminum boat company along with motor company sign up for a new and exciting walleye tournament venue..... people get exicted! This doesn't happen every day! Especially in the face of our current economy!

Mr. Parsons - back away from the keyboard! You've said it all many times but as we continue to read some folks can't handle the possibility that tournament walleye angling could return to a "fun" experience with the possiblity of impacting the entire WALLEYE community. Hint, hint, all fisherpeople of all ages.....

Get people excited to catch a few more walleyes, make a difference across the entire nation.... Way too much for most people to digest. It's called paradigms.... the poison the prevents most people from experiencing much more the an existence...

Oh well, congrats to AIM, Brunswick and all "supportive" tournament anglers. I can't for any reason see this as anything but a positive step for walleye tournament angling.......

Kurt Turner
Old 02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Brother of guest

Smile

Fiddlestix

I can see your point and can understand it. But..

I want to fish walleye tourneys professionally. My plant is across the highway from Mercury in Fondy. Any self respecting businessman in town is going to be running a Merc. Keep in mind I am not sponsored by them and am not on their pro staff.

I understand FLW's business plan and can see how it is very successful for them. Any successful fisherman/businessman should have a business plan as well. My plan, like many others, does not mesh well with the Flw's. Don't take this the wrong way, I have the utmost respect for Sonny, Sharron and the entire clan; I wouldn't be where I am today without the FLW league. I am sponsored by my own company and run Merc's; under those circumstances I would have no chance of promotion in the FLW.

To make a long story short(er), if the FLW was the only show in town I would not be walleye fishing next to the big boys. Maybe I would try Mehal Gehsuf's rockbass circuit or something.

Rock on,
Jesse Buechel
Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Fishing Insider 2

Default We Have Met Da Enemy And Day R Us

We should be able to have our opinions and disagree without having to go to war over them. This "You are either with us or against us." attitude should not alienate or intimidate open discussion here on W/C. Some times it seems to do just that.

In my opinion Fiddlestyx does bring up some important issues. As does Stacker 1. Prospective anglers should have the right to question AIM's press release, format and agenda if they wish. Fiddlestyx and Stacker 1 appear to have made some valid points in thier replies. Obviously not everyone agrees with the direction AIM would like to take competitive walleye angling. That is their individual right. Just like it is the right of those who invested in AIM to attempt to move AIM forward. Calling out one to reveal their identity or calling them "cowardly" for remaining anonymous here on W/C in my opinion only further alienates and divides the competitive walleye world.

AIM has secured two valid major sponsors owned by the same corporation. From the AIM press release that now appears to be a fact. Hopefully this news will add a little more credibility to AIM in the eyes of other potential sponsors and get them motivated to join. These are difficult times. Any positive news right now in our little walleye kingdom is good news to me.