Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Wave Wackers? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Keeper

Default Wave Wackers?

I bought some Wave Wackers about 5 years ago for my boat. At the time, I ordered a set not planning on having a transom mount trolling motor, EVER. Now I am thinking about getting a trolling motor on the transom. My question is, has anyone ever been in my shoes and talked to Wave Wacker about it? Can I purchase just the one side or do I have to buy a new set of Wave Wackers? I have been fishing for 5 years out of this boat with the current Wave Wackers and never thought I would want to have a transom mount trolling motor but now I am considering getting one just for them days that there is absolutely zero wind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Keeper

Call Wave Wackers. I had them on one of my boats and now on my new boat. a Backtroller Avid.I'm sure they well help you out.Their product is world class.Bill
Old 04-27-2014, 08:28 AM
Wallhanger

I,m pretty sure you can buy one side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Keeper

Default push or pull

before you have a custom ww made.....it is easier to pull a boat than push one for slower speeds a front trolling motor might be a better option....good luck
Old 04-27-2014, 02:38 PM
Slot Fish

I had the same thing. I put a full set of wave wackers on and switched it out. They will make you one side whatever you need. You can even send your side in and have them add a cut out for a vantage and save some $. Great service.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Wallhanger

WW is a great company. I'm on my third set of WW - different boats. Another option, as opposed to one new, one old WW, just buy new ones and sell the old ones.

My experience has been that they are not hard to sell used.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Charter Member

Agree - they did a real custom setup for me. Bought a used boat and added a kicker and a rear TM. A few phone calls and it was spot on - Great Guys.