Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Where to in Western Ontario? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Slot Fish

Default Where to in Western Ontario?

Hello guys, I'm new to Muskie Central and hoping to get some advice on where to go for Muskie in Western Ontario. When my Dad was a young man he had a big muskie follow to the boat in the Kenora area but not take the lure. 60 some years later he is 84 and still has never caught a muskie. We lived in Winnipeg and even though he always had time to take the kids fishing or hunting every weekend a trip for muskies would be too time consuming and expensive for a guy with 7 kids.
Recently I asked if there was anything he wanted to do or anyplace he wanted to go and he said catching a muskie was at the top of his bucket list. That big muskie must have haunted him because he said he thought of him often and when he describes the scene its like it happened yesterday. A week long fishing trip with Dad sounds great to me.
Anyone have experience with the lodges in the Dryden or Kenora areas? We're not looking for luxury, but good boats, well cooked meals, and decent cabins or a suite would be nice. Since neither of us know much about fishing for muskie a day with a guide would be a good start. Thanks if you stuck with this long post so far. Any advice or references would be appreciated.

Last edited by Northern Bob; 03-17-2012 at 01:37 PM.