Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Weak transducer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-29-2015, 10:39 AM
Wallhanger

Unhappy Weak transducer

What are the signs of a weak trans? My unit is a LCX 112 C. This last spring I was on KY Lake and it lost signal and I got it back by dis and reconnecting the trans cable. I got the boat back out this late summer and to check it out I started the unit up in the garage. It does not mark the bottom which would be the cement floor. I know it would read about 4-5 times deeper thru air. My HDS-8 on the other boat will read a solid line as bottom in the garage. I do have broadband on the LCX. I have not run it on the lake yet this summer, I will mon after the rain this wkend. Just looking for info. Thanks in advance.
Have a great day.
JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2015, 03:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaotter View Post
What are the signs of a weak trans? My unit is a LCX 112 C. This last spring I was on KY Lake and it lost signal and I got it back by dis and reconnecting the trans cable. I got the boat back out this late summer and to check it out I started the unit up in the garage. It does not mark the bottom which would be the cement floor. I know it would read about 4-5 times deeper thru air. My HDS-8 on the other boat will read a solid line as bottom in the garage. I do have broadband on the LCX. I have not run it on the lake yet this summer, I will mon after the rain this wkend. Just looking for info. Thanks in advance.
Have a great day.
JIM
You said your HDS 8 reads fine do you mean on the same transducer as the 112 or on its own separate transducer.

The surest way to tell is put on a new transducer on the 112 and see.

My advice
Old 08-30-2015, 05:19 AM
Wallhanger

Smile

Thanks Gary,
The HDS 8 was on its own boat and transducer.
Have a great day.
JIM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Wallhanger

Gary,
I did hook up a new transducer and the results were very similar. I did not go to the lake today as I think it will be ok. If not may need new unit, hope not as I love that big screen and fishing with it.
Have a great day.
JIM
Old 09-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Wallhanger

Don't discount a dirty connector on your 112 or possibly low voltage at your 112. Both are cheaper than a new unit. Bob
Old 10-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Wallhanger

Smile

Just got back from Minn fishing trip. The unit was marking a very weak bottom. I went into the sonar settings and removed it from auto sensitivity and moved it up about 3 or 4 bars on the scale for manual and it worked great all week. It was at 3/4 on the scale after moving it. Thanks for the replies.
Have a great day.
JIM