Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Adding weight to balance a rod - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappieman View Post
The new norm for me on tossing rods is to take them down in the first two guides and then running guides out. High frame 12 down to a 6 or 7 and fours out. Outstanding performance on casting for crappies with UL blanks of lengths from 5 to 7 foot.
There you go! Same here, I just upsize that a bit for light jigs and mono in the cold MN weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Wallhanger

Default From My Experience

I have both on rods and both function well. I had a 9' rod made the fugi, titanium and a 8' with the Pac Bay like them both.

To save money would go with Pac Bay the fugi titanium are a bit over kill but if using in salt water a must I am told,pricey but look awesome on the rod.

Sounds your going to have awesome rod!!!

I should keep quiet as I prefer moderate power rods overall for my fishing but the trend is fast or x-fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHM View Post
Not sure what you mean by fine wire. Here's some Fuji Titaniums on the left (high-end guides) and some Pac Bay Minima M and SV (Low-end guides).