Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Rigs for Rainbows=230+fish Amazing day - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Minnow

Thumbs up Walleye Rigs for Rainbows=230+fish Amazing day

I went to opening day on a local lake today. It is a smaller little lake. 350 ish acres or so. My brother and two good friends went along too. We started out and I found some good bottom contours to fish. We spot locked and decided to try our walleye rigs, since we usually fish for walleye, and had several handy. What we had was an egg sinker, then a bead and swivel. After the swivel we clipped on our rigs. We used everything from red colorados, to blue hatchets, and everything in between. About six hours and over 230(where we lost cout!) rainbows later, we decided we had found a new secret weapon for rainbows. We used every artificial bait we had, as well as night crawlers, (which were the best), and could not believe the results.
The rainbows were hatchery and native mixed, and were amazingly fierce and fun to catch. We talked to several dozen people throughout the day, and many reported catching between 5-12 fish between 3-5 people total. We only shared our secret with a nice elderly man, who we helped to trailer his boat after young punks blocked him on the launch.
We would have told others too, but nobody asked.

This was an amazing day and one I am sure I will never forget. Has anyone else ever had results like these?
Happy fishing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Minnow

I read a newspaper article this morning about the lake we fished at. It is Williams Lake, in eastern Washington. The paper said the average catch per person was 3.9 fish. We were obviously not asked about our numbers. The fish were delicious btw. Smoked a bunch today. Very tastey.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Minnow

I did keep all fish caught with bait, and we only kept 18 total. We didn't keep the whole pile. Just incase anyone is curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 PM
Wallhanger

You must have stumbled onto a honeyhole no one knows about yet in that lake. Good job.. . Try to keep it to yourself for as long as u can otherwise it can be overtaken in no time.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Minnow

Went out to that lake again today. Two of us caught 55 fish in about 5 hours. Crazy lake. I did meet a funny guy who said he caught 160 fish today with his two friends. He even told me what he was using and how deep. he was pulling Rapalas and flies behind downriggers at 100' down. The best part is that the lake is only 40' deep. Makes you wonder. He didn't see my fishfinder apparently.

Tags
fishing , opening day , rainbows , trout , walleye rigs