Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lund pro v leak problem - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 PM

Default lund pro v leak problem

I have a 1900 Pro v and can't seem to figure out a leak and cannot get a hold of any schematics for the boat plumbing. The only time water comes in is when I open the front livewell dial to open.(there are two dials - one for the front and one for the rear). To be quite honest I'm not even sure what the dials do. Its a considerable amount of water that comes in. If I leave the dial closed no water comes in. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Minnow

I had a problem once where my livewell was leaking into my boat and it ended up being the recirculating pump. It apparently shorted out and melted slightly so thats where the water ran out.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Wallhanger

i have a 2025 with a intermittent leak. i have tried everything in the driveway and cant get it to leak. the only thing i can come up with is its the hi speed pickup. i know the plumbing is complicated and hard to get at and i had zero luck with Lund getting somesort of diagram of layout. for now i just live with it since its not to bad, the autobilge never kicks on...unless the washdown gets bumped on without me knowing if ya fill the livewells and run the recirc pump, back one first than the bow, you mite find something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Wallhanger

Check all your livewell pumps and switches. Remove the panel in the floor and check them. My friend had his leak only at certain setting on switch. The cap on switch had broken probably from freezing in winter and would allow water only at a certain setting. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Minnow

Default Try

plugging your drains and intake at the rear of the boat, I know Mtn Dew bottle caps used to screw right on where the screens come off, at least on older lunds. Then fill the livewell and turn the switch to open. Sounds like the leak is post valve, so you will have to gain access to the valve that the dial turns to see if it is leaking there. Let us know what you find.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebuc View Post
I have a 1900 Pro v and can't seem to figure out a leak and cannot get a hold of any schematics for the boat plumbing. The only time water comes in is when I open the front livewell dial to open.(there are two dials - one for the front and one for the rear). To be quite honest I'm not even sure what the dials do. Its a considerable amount of water that comes in. If I leave the dial closed no water comes in. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Most likely you have a hole in a hose..or a hose clamp that was either overtightened or it had water in it and froze and thus broke whatever nipple it is attached to (somewhat common)...or was never tightened at all (rare).

Opening the livewell valve simply allows water to come into the boat...via the plumbing. They are just flapper valves.
In your case...when you open the front valve...water runs into the boat, via the front livewell plumbing.
On the good side, you have already eliminated a lot of potential places for water to escape the plumbing and go into the bilge...so that saves a lot of time.
Now the question is: Is it the supply side leaking?...or the drain side leaking.

To check that..

With the boat sitting somewhat elevated in the bow (sitting on the trailer)...on land... with the hull drain plug out , plug your front livewell drain ..both in the livewell, and back at the intakes (the screens will screw off) back on the transom...then pour water into the front livewell.
Once you get it somewhat full....leave it sit for an hour or so...and see if any water drains away. If it does... the problem is right there at the livewell drain fitting.
If no water drains away...now, pull the drain plug out of the livewell out.....and wait.

Does any water come out the hull drain hole?
If so...you have now determined which hose leaks...it is your drain hose.

If nothing comes out... then you know it is the supply side hose (this is most commonly the one).

Depending on the age of the boat ...warranty may cover all or at least a portion of the repair.
Good technicians can find these leaks and fix them pretty fast. Authorized Lund dealers have livewell plumbing test kits to help them locate the issue quickly.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Wallhanger

Default I figured my leak out

I hve an 08 1800 prov and the front well leaks....I took apart the center rod locker to get at the pluming, its very easy to get to. but it turned out water was getting into the hull when I filled the well by splashing around. There wasnt a very good seal by the door you open to the livewell......It would only get into the hull if I was running in rough water or i left the pump running and it was filled to the brim and just overflowed alittle everytime the boat leaned or pounded a wave...just thought.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:19 AM

thanks for all your suggestions, I'll try later on today and let you know how I make out. thanks
Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM

well, I tried everything with the boat on the driveway and could not get it to leak. I was out on Erie today and sure enough I opened the dial and in came the water. The valve for the back is right at the top of all the plumbing when you open the round cover, and it doesn't leak. Without taking apart anything on the water, I couldn't seem to figure out where the valve is for the front livewell thats leaking. I could not see it at the back or from the back battery compartment. Mayby I'm missing something here as well, what do these dials do? thanks again guys
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Wallhanger

if its the model with in floor rod storage valve that leaks alot is divertor which is in front of batts in floor under rod storage