Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Nebraska walleye - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 02-28-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Nebraska walleye

I am new to the Nebraska area. What are some good lakes to fish for Walleye? Looking mostly for western Nebraska Lakes. Have heard about Lake McConaughy. Can anyone give me information on these waters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2003, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Nebraska walleye

Well you have heard about the best lake already. There is also Harlan, Johnson's, Elwood, Sherman, Calamus, and Merritt. There has been alot of new changes to the walleye fishing this year in NE. We have new regulations that took effect this year. If we don't get some rain, about the only ones you will be able to fish is Elwood, Sherman, and Meritt since these stay at much fuller levels than the others. Checkout www.ngpc.state.ne.us for all the info you need.

Wallagator Chaser

Greg
Old 03-01-2003, 07:03 AM
swede

The best lakes to fish in Neb. are Francis Case---Sharpe----Oahe---Glen Elder------Wilson----Pathfinder-----Boysen----Seminoe--- and Erie. --------------------The most important piece of fishing equipment in Neb. is your tow vehicle.----Any more questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2003, 11:39 PM

What???
Check out this web site. For the year 2001 there were 392 Master Angler awards gien out for Big Mac alone. So why would you go to Wilson or others out of state?

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/fish/fis...ndawards.ihtml
Old 03-02-2003, 11:40 PM

Sorry , try this web site.

http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/fish/fishing.html
Old 03-03-2003, 08:58 AM
Wallhanger

Yeah, no doubt. I drive from Colorado to Big Mac. Check this out: https://www.walleyecentral.com/fish_ericco2.htm and I suck at fishing! LOL

Old 03-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Nice Fish Eric!!! I fish alot out of state cause I know the water better. I do fairly well on some NE lakes but not like Wilson, Kirwin, Norton, Webster, or Cedar Bluff. I hope to give Big Mac a try sometime if it don't dry up which it looks like it could vary well do!

Wallagator Chaser

Greg
Old 03-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Keeper

Come on Eric, those are the floaters we found that day!!

Long time no hear from buddy, when are we going fishing? Looks like if you want to come down here to Mac you better plan a May or June trip the way water is looking. Let me know, I am booking for the Spring and Summer pretty quick. Call or Email 1-866-LAKE MAC or kkeane@greatplainsguideservice.com.

As to the question posted about NE Walleye, it is about as good as it gets with the exception of a few fisheries here in the states. Good numbers and exceptional size is the norm. So for the negative post about Nebraska fishing, I would just as soon that person was not around to enjoy out fishing anyway!!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Wallhanger

Holy crapola you're alive? Man you were MIA big time. Name the dates and I'm there.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Wallhanger

Hey Fshngyd,

I was beginning to wonder if the new goose hunt'n ATV you picked up got you killed.

John