Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake of the woods - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 08-25-2016, 09:38 AM
Minnow

Default Lake of the woods

Hi new to the site and hope this is the right place to ask. I'm heading out to lake of the woods out of rush Bay Area and was wondering how the fishing was over there for the walleye.

We've been out once before but didn't have much luck. We were using jig and minnow presentation and casting cranks. Fishin shoreline edges. (Was trying for bass also) pretty new to open water fishing altogether.

Any advice would be great! Presentation for this time of year, humps and points maybe to try and locate. We do have maps and sonar on the boat. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2016, 09:10 AM
Wallhanger

is that like way way way north lake of the woods in ontario? no idea. fishing on the south shore is always great this time of year.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:26 PM
Keeper

Smile

Maybe try the Canada form also, you might get more replies
That lake really turns on in the fall. A jig and minnow is all I use on LOW in the fall

Last edited by Redlabel; 08-26-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2016, 12:57 PM
Wallhanger

Trolled Leadcore with Walleye Divers this weekend for a tournament. If you want fish for the frying pan, up around garden and little oak you won't keep the fish off but they will all be eaters.

Big fish troll the main lake with down riggers or leadcore with tail dancers, reef runners or walleye divers.

North of garden to little oak was good around 20 ft. Main lake around 32 feet. You will see a lot of fish suspended. Chase those ones.
NPAA #803
Old 08-31-2016, 03:06 PM
Slot Fish

I'm closer to Kenora, but it's hard to go wrong with a jig and a live minnow this time of year anywhere on the north part of the lake. 15 to 30 feet, humps, shoulders, etc. Last 2 weekends I did just as well with soft plastics instead of live minnows once I ran out (3 inch Berkley gulps).