Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Green Bay report for week ending 9/11 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 09-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Green Bay report for week ending 9/11

With summer winding down the bite continues to be decent on Green Bay. Deep mud fish are still going on cranks and spinner/crawler harnesses. The reefs of Door County are producing fish too, with bigger fish coming here on cranks and spinners. Other presentations that are working are jigging raps and moonshine shiver minnows vertically jigged or casted on the reefs. The musky bite really took off this week, with several big fish over the 50" mark. Casting and trolling large cranks have been best. My son managed a personal best 53 1/2" beast Saturday. Now is big fish time on the Bay!
Capt Jerry Ruffolo, Anglers Plus Guide Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Keeper

This last week-end was a total bust in Sturgeon Bay. High winds made getting out difficult but the fishing was also very slow in the channel. I fished 3 days and did not see a net out/ There were a lot of guys out in the channel. Some small perch are being caught but a nine inch fish is a big one. The guys at the landings confirmed my impressions. Mrt.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Minnow

After moving to Green Bay from Florida and getting a boat I have figured out where the sheepshead are! 3 trips out and not one walleye, guess I have lots to learn still. Thanks for the report.