Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Motorguide 8M0095972 Universal Quick Release Mounting Bracket - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 02-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Keeper

Default Motorguide 8M0095972 Universal Quick Release Mounting Bracket

Seems like this is fairly new. Any feedback on this?

http://www.motorguide.com/store/acce...lease-brackets

Last edited by Wyo-eye; 02-08-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Wallhanger

What are you mounting would be the question.

I went with the standard one for my Xi5 :

http://bbgmarine.com/motorguide-quic...k-p-10095.html

I Think that one has been around but cost more for the flexibility:

http://bbgmarine.com/motorguide-univ...t-p-10538.html

http://bbgmarine.com/motorguide-univ...e-p-10509.html

Call Brian at BBG and he will help you out with your questions.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:08 PM
Keeper

Going to mount a Xi5 on one top plate and a 1990's vintage Pinpoint on another, which may take some modification I'm sure. But I would like to have quick and easy swapping of the two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Keeper

It's a great mount, you can't go wrong with it.

Best Fishes

Jim

2022 inductee Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame

Pro Staff/Mercury, Smooth Moves, MotorGuide, Ray Marine, Bass Pro Shops, Off Shore Tackle, Reef Runner Baits, Ram Lures & tangle tamer
Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofishjim View Post
It's a great mount, you can't go wrong with it.
Does this mount work with the Xi5 wireless? It mentions it can slide back up to 5 inches, but the Xi5 has that overhang which is roughly 2 inches high?

I ordered one and an extra top plate to see if I can get my Xi5 and Anchor Caddie Pro mounted without a mounting plate overhanging the bow of my 2075 Tyee.

The Anchor Caddie Pro was designed for Minn Kota's but I'm trying to make it all work with my Xi5.

My fingers are crossed.

Rick
Old 02-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Slot Fish

I'm following this thread closely as I just bought a MG Xi5 and need to figure out how I am going to mount it. Deciding between the following mounts, including the MG Universal Quick Release Bracket:

Motorguide Universal Quick Release Bracket - hardly any reviews, videos, or pics of this thing mounted...

Motorguide Quick Release Bracket - the $100 one...leaning towards this until I get more info on the first one above

LiftSaver 7 - pricy but very cool features

Hopefully someone chimes in about the bracket in question with some pics. There's only 1 review on Bass Pro Shops website
Old 02-23-2017, 05:52 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko0305 View Post
I'm following this thread closely as I just bought a MG Xi5 and need to figure out how I am going to mount it. Deciding between the following mounts, including the MG Universal Quick Release Bracket:

Motorguide Universal Quick Release Bracket - hardly any reviews, videos, or pics of this thing mounted...

Motorguide Quick Release Bracket - the $100 one...leaning towards this until I get more info on the first one above

LiftSaver 7 - pricy but very cool features

Hopefully someone chimes in about the bracket in question with some pics. There's only 1 review on Bass Pro Shops website
I will have 3 different mounts here and will work on it Saturday morning. Installing an Xi5 on a 2075 Tyee is the goal.

I have a Minn Kota MKA 16-02 and both Motorguide quick release mounts. Will reply to this thread once I know what worked.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Wallhanger

I'm installing one on my boat tomorrow to hold a new XI5 I will take pictures and post when done. Doesn't look like the set back feature will work for me.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcoop52 View Post
I'm installing one on my boat tomorrow to hold a new XI5 I will take pictures and post when done. Doesn't look like the set back feature will work for me.

You're installing the more expensive one with the quick release handle? That's the one I'm hoping works for my uses. Good luck and looking forward to your post.

Rick
Old 02-24-2017, 07:07 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleJunky View Post
You're installing the more expensive one with the quick release handle? That's the one I'm hoping works for my uses. Good luck and looking forward to your post.

Rick
I spent a little more time test fitting and it looks like the Minn Kota MKA 16-02 installed backwards (rotated 180) is going to be the best bet for my Tyee/Xi5. I have to slide the Xi5 in from the front of the boat. All of the adjustable mounts seem to be designed to slide the motor in from the back side (inside of boat forward towards bow).

The Motorguide quick release brackets essentially set right on top. Either way I will have a mounting plate extending past the bow there is no way around it with the Xi5 due to the way it locks into place etc.

Happy Friday all!